So this is what I've been working on since, sadly, I've got no inspiration to write band stuff lately.

PS. Best parts are definitely "go disney" (bar 52) and the parts after it.

Edit:

Version 4 -
The drums in bars 48-63 make more sense
Coolio chorus at bar 85
Some kind of clean thing following chorus

Version 5 -
New intro
New parts added

It's pretty much done now
Attachments:
no so sure v3.gp5
no so sure v4.gp5
no so sure v6.gp5
Last edited by Erra93 at Apr 8, 2014,
The song is pretty much finished now, changed the intro completely because I didn't really like it that much.

Shouldn't be as hard to enjoy now!
Intro is really nice now. 33-34 feels a bit off, 52-78 feels like it's just in the wrong song (ermagerd such bending -- I'd just drop that whole section), and there's a bum note at 107 (the 12 should be a 13) but the rest is super neat - time signatures flow really well. Ending felt a bit weird, would sound good finishing at 141. I wish more Disney songs had a soundtrack like that.
I'm kinda opposite of the guy above. I thought all the sections he thought didn't work were awesome. The "Disney" parts were really cool sound and definitely different, especially the quick jazz part in it. I think my "Happy Djent" song would go well with!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1519549

The only part I didn't dig was the very end with the bass. Awesome song otherwise!

Also, in this genre of music try using Drum 16 for a nice clicky kick. Makes the chugs stand out more
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Mar 16, 2014,
Quote by allthatichug
Intro is really nice now. 33-34 feels a bit off, 52-78 feels like it's just in the wrong song (ermagerd such bending -- I'd just drop that whole section), and there's a bum note at 107 (the 12 should be a 13) but the rest is super neat - time signatures flow really well. Ending felt a bit weird, would sound good finishing at 141. I wish more Disney songs had a soundtrack like that.

What part about 33-34 is it that feels off? The timing or the chords and everything?
52-60 is just a transition into the more rhythmically complex section which I like because of the focus on the lead guitar and synth, so I will be keeping it, possibly lower the volume of the rhythm guitars in that part :p

I don't hear the bum note at 107, it's supposed to sound dramatic and with 13 it just doesn't sound right to me, are you really sure it's clashing?
Thanks for the critique by the way! Is there a song you want me to crit for you? (Really sorry for the late reply, been a bit off)

Quote by kylendm
I'm kinda opposite of the guy above. I thought all the sections he thought didn't work were awesome. The "Disney" parts were really cool sound and definitely different, especially the quick jazz part in it. I think my "Happy Djent" song would go well with!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1519549

The only part I didn't dig was the very end with the bass. Awesome song otherwise!

Also, in this genre of music try using Drum 16 for a nice clicky kick. Makes the chugs stand out more

Thanks for the kind words man, and dude, your happy djent song is still stuck in my head! Especially the "he-man" part love it still! Did you ever record it btw?

Ah yes, the end was supposed to transition into another song, but I lost my inspiration and just stopped there :p

I tried drum kit 16 but the toms seemed to be lower than drum kit 0 which was odd!