I currently have 5 pedals, 4 of them taking 9 volt power supplies, and a digitech whammy taking some odd amount of power.

I'm using two plain old power strips, and separate adapters for each pedal to power them. Also, since the power adapters have quite long cords usually, I have them all kind of tied up together and that is kind of annoying.

Will I notice any sound difference between this setup and using one of the pedal power units? As in less hum/clearer sounding tone possibly?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by guitar99099
I currently have 5 pedals, 4 of them taking 9 volt power supplies, and a digitech whammy taking some odd amount of power.

I'm using two plain old power strips, and separate adapters for each pedal to power them. Also, since the power adapters have quite long cords usually, I have them all kind of tied up together and that is kind of annoying.

Will I notice any sound difference between this setup and using one of the pedal power units? As in less hum/clearer sounding tone possibly?

it'll save you some space and be less clunky. it may clear up some hum issues as a PP2+ has isolated outputs. i doubt it'll sound 'clearer' or have any other obvious tone benefits over reducing some hum noise.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Voodoo Labs seems a little bit overpriced, I would go for some T-rex fueltank instead, but in general yes. Less hum, less stuff on your board.
Yes, go get the pp2+.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Am I the only one here that still uses a one spot?

I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
I rock a Snark brand one spot.

Eventually I plan on having isolated power for my pedals (T-Rex brand) and a power conditioner for the amp as well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
My PPII is going strong 3+ years. My favorite part (other than doing what its supposed to do) is how it bolts seamlessly to the bottom of my Pedaltrain.

I have no problems rocking a one spot though if I need to take just a few pedals. Just requires you to be a bit picky where you plug in.
Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 15, 2014,
Quote by Guy_Mitchell

nope

no issues or noise at all with mine, but I only have 1 or 2 pedals on at a time.
Quote by Guy_Mitchell

I used a 1 Spot for a long time.
But sometimes Digital and analog pedals don't get along well when they share a daisy chained power source.
im rocking a 1 spot for 7 pedals. ive run out of space on the board. time for a forklift upgrade
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Still using Visual Sound 1 Spot. I only ever use a delay or two and one overdrive at one time and there is no noise problem. I will upgrade after I'm done with all the essential effects I want for my board.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I replaced a 1 Spot with a Voodoo Lab 4x4, can't be happier...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
My Trex fuel tank jr stopped working maybe 2months after I got it. It didn't even come with the right cords and I had to hassle the shop I got it from maybe once a week to try and get the right cords. Never got my 18v adapter cord. Kinda meh on trex now
Quote by Guy_Mitchell

i have a BBE Suapa-Charger as well as a One Spot.

my main board, gets the BBE

the One Spot on other rigs usually at my other house for messing around.

it is more than i really would ever really need (not a huge pedal user) except you would need a a seperate adapter for inverse adapter for some pedals (mainly fuzz) but that i don't use fuzz personally so its not a big deal.

i would recommend the voodoo lab larger one, or the BBE. buy bigger than you think you will need.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use the BBE Supa charger too ..... I got mine used , found it local on the Craigslist , works great has plenty of outlets
Hijacking thread with on-topic query I've been wondering about for a while:

How much better are the more expensive power supplies than the cheaper ones? I use an Artec Power Brick and it does a great job, no issues or hiss, but I often wonder whether I should invest in a more premium brand.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Feb 16, 2014,