guitar is right under 25 frets, had a guitar tech do a full set up with 13-62 daddario bartitone strings. asked to set-up in drop A#. told him that if there was any fret buzz to do tune it to drop B. got the guitar back today and you can hear a lot of fret buzz. buddy didnt even bother to tune it either. this is probably the sorriest set-up i've ever seen. had him file the nut to fit the bigger gauge strings. anyways... my girl picked up the guitar so i couldnt correct the issue with the tech or ask for a refund. my previous set-up was with daddario 12-56's in drop c and it didnt buzz like this. since these guys more than likely will not refund for the set-up... what can i do to fix the buzz?
i guess my only option is to return the guitar and make them do it right. i guess these guys cant rig metal guitars. all i see was tele's and acoustics lol.
Dude, it's drop A#, even with a extended scale guitar you're still gonna get fret buzz even with the most perfect setup in the world. You'll have less fret buzz with a baritone guitar, but you'll never get rid of all of it..

A good question is what guitar are you using. If you're using the standard 25 inch scale guitar with baritone strings it ain't gonna make any difference.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Dude, it's drop A#, even with a extended scale guitar you're still gonna get fret buzz even with the most perfect setup in the world. You'll have less fret buzz with a baritone guitar, but you'll never get rid of all of it..

A good question is what guitar are you using. If you're using the standard 25 inch scale guitar with baritone strings it ain't gonna make any difference.

im getting buzz in drop d aswell. no excuse with that. its a schecter sls
Quote by REDRUMPLE MINTZ
i guess my only option is to return the guitar and make them do it right. i guess these guys cant rig metal guitars. all i see was tele's and acoustics lol.

this
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Which model, there's like 20 different ones in the SLS line.

I do know the one downfall of filing a nut down to fit larger strings is that it lowers the strings at the nut. If theres not enough nut there then it should be replaced with a nut that is taller to compensate for filing the string slots down.

Check the action there, if it's to low there I'd go get my money back and call the guy an idiot.

Second, how much fret buzz are you getting? I get at least some fret buzz in any tuning with a medium jazz round wound set of strings on a 25.5 scale guitar.
Quote by REDRUMPLE MINTZ
guitar is right under 25 frets, had a guitar tech do a full set up with 13-62 daddario bartitone strings. asked to set-up in drop A#.

I never go below Drop Bb, myself.
Quote by dspellman
I never go below Drop Bb, myself.

i was gonna for that nile rhythm tone. i dont think i like drop a now with this crappy set up
I really don't have fret buzz issues with very low action on a 25.5" scale, but I'm not setting it up with bridge cables at that low a tuning, either.

At a guess, your "tech" carved the nut slots lower as well as wider. You may not have the most savvy tech on the planet...
Quote by REDRUMPLE MINTZ
i got the schecter blackjack sls6

Found your problem, your guitar has a 24.75 inch scale, the worst scale for drop A# let alone drop C. Assuming that it's a SLS solo 6 like this one

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJSLSSP

I've never tried putting baritone strings on a short scale guitar, but I'd assume that just using regular heavy gauge strings would help as well since baritone string sets are designed for long scale guitars.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Found your problem, your guitar has a 24.75 inch scale, the worst scale for drop A# let alone drop C. Assuming that it's a SLS solo 6 like this one

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJSLSSP

I've never tried putting baritone strings on a short scale guitar, but I'd assume that just using regular heavy gauge strings would help as well since baritone string sets are designed for long scale guitars.

thats the exact guitar except mine is black. so... using the daddario baritone strings was a mistake? what strings do you recommend? looked at the nut, looks like he filed to much width wise. there's a little play. here's the strings that he installed.

http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=40&productname=EXL158_Nickel_Wound__Baritone_Light__13_62&sid=ff673925-a587-4826-abc7-72d873f22b28
Well, with your guitar there's not really any string you can use to not get fret buzz in that tuning that I'm aware of. I typically use Daddario EXP Jazz set so I don't have to file my nut down, but I'd just get the heavy set of that, been using them for years, personal favorite string of mine.
so... the guitar is actually 25.5 length. website is wrong. measured it last night. im pretty pissed off with this tech. this idiot filed the nut to wide and he scratched the hardware by not using rubber tipped tools. major idiot! needs a new nut. i think im going with DR DDT super heavy strings