Dsl 50 ,iv two channels a volume and gain for each channel ,my mg30cfx has a volume nob and a master volume and a gain nob ,am I missing something hear ??
Looks like it just has a volume for each channel.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Looks like it just has a volume for each channel.

I thought all Marshall amps especially the big heads has master volumes ! I just thought I was missing something !
As far as I remember, JCM2000 DSL's have only channel volumes (which technically are all "master" volumes) but no global master volume. The earlier TSL on the other hand had one.

Global master makes fine tuning volume easier/less sensitive but its not really required even for low volume uses. Unfortunately not even nearly every amp has one. In my opinion every single multi channel amp should have one. I dont get it why they leave it out. If someone doesnt like it they can always crank it (basically bypassing it) and keep adjusting volumes from the channels.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 14, 2014,
Quote by wld-kid
Dsl 50 ,iv two channels a volume and gain for each channel ,my mg30cfx has a volume nob and a master volume and a gain nob ,am I missing something hear ??

1. The ability to spell correctly

2. Eyes, apparently

3. Understanding of what a master volume control is
Quote by tukk04
1. The ability to spell correctly

2. Eyes, apparently

3. Understanding of what a master volume control is

In the time and effort it took you to write this condescending and patronizing post to the Op, you could have simply told him quickly the difference between a non master volume and mAster volume amp because he obviously doesn't know the difference. Which of course in the grand journey of life is absolutely fine because not all of us came out of the womb knowing everything about everything.

And if your retort is something along the lines of "well why didn't you tell him" it's because I felt it priority to hopefully make you realize how pompous you make yourself look when you wrote that.

And then again maybe that's what your going for in the first place.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver anniversary edi.
Marshall JCM900 4100
Line 6 flextone 2 head
Marshall 1960b Cabinet
Carvin G412 Cabinet

1976 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Deluxe
1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIJ Strat
Fender MIM Strat
I would say it does. It has two volume knobs: gain and volume. Gain is a volume control placed before pre amp and your volume control is placed after pre amp. There is no "global master volume" but a "master volume amp" is an amp with at least two volume controls. A non-MV amp (for example Marshall JTM45) only has one control for volume which means you can't achieve any distortion at bedroom levels.

As MaaZeus said, the global master volume control just makes it easier to control the volume and also gives you more possibilities - turning up the channel volume sounds different than turning up the master volume.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
You can still balance your volumes using your channel vols. What do you need the master for?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Adding another volume at the end would surely only rob you of some higher frequencies.

Master volumes were a vital addition when people first began experimenting with preamp volume for excessive gain, but with a modern amp like the JCM2000s it's pointless, each channel has its own master volume so a third volume would just be another pot in the way.
You've got two master volumes and no global master volume.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You've got two master volumes and no global master volume.

+1

Though to make this point more clear, I would say that each of your channels has a master volume, but the amp doesn't have a global volume.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by TheCalvinator
*Noble attempt to defend TS*

I think I speak for users other than and including myself when I say that the constant stream of questions that can be easily researched by using that newfangled google thingamajig is quite the annoyance. I know that myself and most others at least search for an existing answer to our questions before resorting to asking the questions ourselves. It's not as though there aren't a thousand other threads on the subject of the humble master volume control spread throughout the interwebs.

On another note: though some such as yourself may not agree, I believe moderate literacy in at least one's native tongue is a prerequisite to using the internet. Just as you wouldn't publish a novel or paper with the unintended usage of poor spelling and grammar, when requesting the help of others a person is more likely to get the answer they are looking for if they ask it in an intelligent manner.

In the event that TS is not a native English speaker, he should be so inclined to ask someone who can explain the solution to his issues in a language he understands, for the sake of his own comprehension; in the event that he is, he should at least make an effort to come across as a somewhat literate writer or at the very least possess the ability to utilize spellcheck.
Quote by tukk04
I think I speak for users other than and including myself when I say that the constant stream of questions that can be easily researched by using that newfangled google thingamajig is quite the annoyance. I know that myself and most others at least search for an existing answer to our questions before resorting to asking the questions ourselves. It's not as though there aren't a thousand other threads on the subject of the humble master volume control spread throughout the interwebs.

On another note: though some such as yourself may not agree, I believe moderate literacy in at least one's native tongue is a prerequisite to using the internet. Just as you wouldn't publish a novel or paper with the unintended usage of poor spelling and grammar, when requesting the help of others a person is more likely to get the answer they are looking for if they ask it in an intelligent manner.

In the event that TS is not a native English speaker, he should be so inclined to ask someone who can explain the solution to his issues in a language he understands, for the sake of his own comprehension; in the event that he is, he should at least make an effort to come across as a somewhat literate writer or at the very least possess the ability to utilize spellcheck.

I actually did google it but cudnt find an answer hence the thread ,I understand now how the gain and volume actually work and That i wudnt need a global master volume ,as far for my spelling ,I'm just not a great speller ,I was day dreaming of shredding on my guitar during school !