Hello,

I recently purchased my first seven string - an Ibanez RG7421. I really like the guitar, but the pickups are junk. They're muddy and just generally crap. Therefore, I am definitely going to replace them.

I was looking at the Dimarzio Crunch Lab + Liquifire set. The guitar has a basswood body. Thoughts?

Also, any other pickups that I should consider (Don't say Bare Knuckle - I can't afford them )

I play melodic metalcore and djent. I do a lot of melodic lead breaks, palm mutes, riffs and use drop tuning.

Cheers in advance,

Jay.
RIP Tom Searle.
I've always held that the SD Distortion was the best for 7 strings among Duncan pickups.

My friend has a JP6 which the 6 string CL sounds super tight.

Only other seven string pup I like is the Aftermath, which everyone hates for some reason.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Check out the DiMarzio D Activators.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sorry if Im late to reply (seems only like a few days though), for Djent/Prog, which I am in the tone search for, I would recommend the Dimarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire, or their new TITAN's.

I also have a 7421, and hate the pickups, but I am not sure if it would be worth it to upgrade the pup's or wait a while and buy either a 7 string JP sig or ESP LTD BS-7.
I would say SD nazgul and sentient but thats just me
if you are interested Mark Holcomb (Periphery) is in the works of getting his own signature dimarzio pick ups
im kinda in the same question here. really into the cl/lf but not sure about the cleans. i like the pegasus/sentient too but isnt it going to take away that violence a palm mute riff needs?