Any of you DSP guys know why my POD XT sounds like there is a light OD on every clean model of the POD?

I don't remember it sounding like this when I bought it, and I normally don't use the clean settings, but this has me wondering. Is it something a Firmware update could fix?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Through the computer or through headphones?

Have you tried messing with the controls or resetting it?

I would assume you switched guitars and cables?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Through the computer or through headphones?

Have you tried messing with the controls or resetting it?

I would assume you switched guitars and cables?

Through headphones

yeah I tried turning off the fx on it, messing with the gain and channel levels

No one of the usual guitars I always use and same old monster cable.

I have had other L6 products over the years and never had any issues like this. So I'm kinda lost
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My gsp1101 will do that to my headphones too. Turns out it was clipping the drivers in my headphones. The problem went away by creating new patches and adjusting the EQ. What headphones are you using? If it's a cheaper set, you may be overloading a frequency that the drivers can't handle and are causing them to clip a bit.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
My gsp1101 will do that to my headphones too. Turns out it was clipping the drivers in my headphones. The problem went away by creating new patches and adjusting the EQ. What headphones are you using? If it's a cheaper set, you may be overloading a frequency that the drivers can't handle and are causing them to clip a bit.

They are AKG K44 so not expensive but not super cheap. I actually bought the headphones when I bought the POD last year and I have not had any issues (I have noticed)until the other day.

I messed with the EQ also and nothing. Even the high gain models seem to have some added noise that was not there before.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So is it just doing this through headphones? Does it act this way through the usb connection as well?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
So is it just doing this through headphones? Does it act this way through the usb connection as well?

I don't know. I use it as a stand alone silent practice tool. I did install the newest firmware update when I bought it last year that is the only time it has been connected to a computer since I've had it.

I don't have an amp handy to check the main outputs either. I tried that on thurs but my damn combo took a shit and all my cabs are at my practice space. When it rains.......
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate