Now I know that with master volume amps that if you crank the volume but keep the master down its preamp gain. But with like the bugera V22 it has a gain, volume, and a master. Its common sense that the master still acts the same. But how do you use the volume and gain controls on this amp? What would happen if I turned the gain down and cranked both volumes? What would happen if I cranked the gain and master? I guess I'm just confused with this set up can anyone help
try diff settings and see what you like
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
gain is the pre amp dirt, volume is how loud the amp gets
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It really depends on how it is wired with the channel volume and master volume.

Some amps like to have the channel volumes high and have they master lower and others like to have low channel volumes and higher master.

For power-amp gain you would keep the gain low and crank the volumes. Preamp gain would be cranking the gain and using the volume to regulate how loud it is.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Feb 15, 2014,
I think what he's asking is what is the different between "gain" and "channel volume" which I'm wondering as well, because I've always thought those 2 were essentially the same thing.
Quote by 757ian123
I think what he's asking is what is the different between "gain" and "channel volume" which I'm wondering as well, because I've always thought those 2 were essentially the same thing.

Exactly thank you