Hey all,

I need one good electric guitar to have as my main axe right now. For this I've got some special requirements, making the axe able to do anything I want without a lot of hassle.

So the requirements are:

24 fret neck
''Floating trem'' that has already been blocked from pulling up (to make drop tuning possible), preferabbly like t his guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd-dnC0nJ2M) so there is just no cut in the wood of the guitar.
H-H configuration
Preferably strat shaped
Kinds of wood suitable for playing classic rock/metal (Extreme, KISS, AC/DC, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Van Halen, Alice In Chains, Rush, ZZ Top, and others alike)

The budget is €500 but I can raise it, I'm still saving up.
Ibanez S470 is what I would get. Or the Fernandes Ravelle elite tremolo. Or the Jackson RRXMG.

What amp do you have? Even an original 59' Les Paul will sound like shit through a Line 6 Spider.
Here are 2 Strat-shaped HH guitars that have 24 frets and are hardtails- no need to block anything. Their pickups are going to be relatively hot and both are pretty well made:

Godin Redline HB
http://godinguitars.com/godinredlinehbp.htm

Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/elite/60-dragonfly-elite.html

Note: That particular Dragonfly is on clearance by Fernandes- once they run out of guitars at that price, you won't be able to find anymore that cheaply.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
you might struggle to find a non-recessed floyd on a 24 fret neck. This is just off the top of my head, but most non-recessed floyds are on more 80s-spec guitars, which normally means 22 frets.

you could always get a recessed floyd and fit a tremol-no or similar, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you might struggle to find a non-recessed floyd on a 24 fret neck. This is just off the top of my head, but most non-recessed floyds are on more 80s-spec guitars, which normally means 22 frets.

you could always get a recessed floyd and fit a tremol-no or similar, though.

I rather live with 22 frets than with a blocked trem.

I don't know why but the idea of a tremol-no or other blocking thing just doesn't really appeal to me. I don't know why. but I want it non-recessed.

The only reason why I wanted 24 frets is because I wanted to be able to reach 22 easier than on a non-24 fret guitar :P.
ah. most of those 80s-style guitars also don't have any sculpting done to the heel, if you want to easily reach the top fret.

if you don't care too much about that, if you can still find them, the japanese charvel pro mods have non-recessed trems (apart from a few of the wildcard models). Or some of the kramers (the more reissue-type models). I haven't tried the kramers, though, so that's not a recommendation.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 15, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah. most of those 80s-style guitars also don't have any sculpting done to the heel, if you want to easily reach the top fret.

if you don't care too much about that, if you can still find them, the japanese charvel pro mods have non-recessed trems (apart from a few of the wildcard models). Or some of the kramers (the more reissue-type models). I haven't tried the kramers, though, so that's not a recommendation.

I found one non-recessed charvel model in Germany for a price of €755 so that's a nice price I think. Only thinig that really catches my eye is the inconveniently placed volume button.

Based on your previous post I assume you have/had played a charvel. Have you had any experience with hitting the volume button accidentaly?

EDIT: http://www.thomann.de/nl/charvel_pro_mod_so_cal_style_1_hh_cb.htm
I don't quite trust this. The other so cal pro mod models do have photos of recessed cavities.
Last edited by liampje at Feb 15, 2014,
I will try to sell my ibanez rg350m and trade it for a kramer pacer classic. If that is good enough I will stick with it. If it's not good enough than it will probably still be better than the rg350m and I'll save up for something else soon enough.
Quote by liampje
I found one non-recessed charvel model in Germany for a price of €755 so that's a nice price I think. Only thinig that really catches my eye is the inconveniently placed volume button.

Based on your previous post I assume you have/had played a charvel. Have you had any experience with hitting the volume button accidentaly?

EDIT: http://www.thomann.de/nl/charvel_pro_mod_so_cal_style_1_hh_cb.htm
I don't quite trust this. The other so cal pro mod models do have photos of recessed cavities.

Yeah I've got a san dimas. I haven't hit it accidentally but I don't normally find strat-placed buttons to be in the way (whereas a lot of players do) so I'm probably not the best person to ask

and yeah that looks like a pic of the older japanese one, but whether you'd actually get a japanese one if you ordered it is a whole other question I wouldn't order it without emailing to ask them to be sure. Richtone in the UK got a bunch of the Japanese ones in recently (that's where I got mine) but they went pretty quickly, unfortunately.

http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/charvel-wild-card-8---chrome-rod-flame-2445-p.asp

that shop in the UK (I've never dealt with them so that's not a recommendation) has the hot rod flame wildcard which seems to have a non-recessed trem, but i'm guessing you'd rather have one of the more normal models. It's just a matter of checking loads of different online stores- you might get lucky and find a shop which still has stock. Or else just admit defeat and chance the kramer (but as I said, I haven't tried them).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah I've got a san dimas. I haven't hit it accidentally but I don't normally find strat-placed buttons to be in the way (whereas a lot of players do) so I'm probably not the best person to ask

and yeah that looks like a pic of the older japanese one, but whether you'd actually get a japanese one if you ordered it is a whole other question I wouldn't order it without emailing to ask them to be sure. Richtone in the UK got a bunch of the Japanese ones in recently (that's where I got mine) but they went pretty quickly, unfortunately.

http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/charvel-wild-card-8---chrome-rod-flame-2445-p.asp

that shop in the UK (I've never dealt with them so that's not a recommendation) has the hot rod flame wildcard which seems to have a non-recessed trem, but i'm guessing you'd rather have one of the more normal models. It's just a matter of checking loads of different online stores- you might get lucky and find a shop which still has stock. Or else just admit defeat and chance the kramer (but as I said, I haven't tried them).

I think I might go for the kramer pacer with the money I get from selling 2 of my guitars and buy a bass from the leftover money. Even though the pacer classic is extremely cheap I still see that nobody has been dissappointed with it. Sounds I heard on youtube are really good. At least better than my rg350
yeah i saw your thread in the bass forum. i got a bass recently and i'm kind of kicking myself i didn't get one sooner as it's great fun.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i saw your thread in the bass forum. i got a bass recently and i'm kind of kicking myself i didn't get one sooner as it's great fun.

I figured I might like it because I try to slap my giitar ocassionally. :P
And it isn't that hard to start playing bass if you already can play guitar.
yeah- they're different instruments and you have to think slightly differently, but there's a lot of overlap too. you get a lot of mileage out of the effort you put in, compared to with totally different instruments.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?