how would you compare them soundwise and which
one would you prefer?
I have never played that particular Martin......but I have played the Fat Lady and it was as good as anything I have picked up. Since I play rhythm, I liked the clear bass that it projected. Read up on Cole Clark's history you will find that the luithers came from Maton. Maton being a Australian guitar maker and mighty fine instruments at that. ( And I carn't stand Australians).

If I had to compare it sound wise I would say Gibson. But hey those where the one's I played.
The question is which one do you prefer. Cheers
Are you in Australia? If so, I'd say you will end up going with the Cole Clark. Martins are very overpriced over here.
Quote by tom183
Are you in Australia? If so, I'd say you will end up going with the Cole Clark. Martins are very overpriced over here.
To a certain extent, wouldn't the same be true of buying a Cole Clark in the US?
To a certain extent, wouldn't the same be true of buying a Cole Clark in the US?

I would imagine so, yes.

The reason I worded my response the way I did was because, from my experience, the only people that seem to ask about Cole Clarks on these forums are Aussies.
Quote by tom183
I would imagine so, yes.

The reason I worded my response the way I did was because, from my experience, the only people that seem to ask about Cole Clarks on these forums are Aussies.

I know. Patti says they're available in her (LA?) area, but are definitely not the brand you'll run into in one of our corner music stores.

Every thread they've been mentioned in, has mentioned them in the superlative, and also keyed in on the fact they are indigenous to Australia.

Usually, the advice that comes out of it is this, "they're great guitars, and if you're an Aussie, you won't do yourself any favors by buying an import".

We could probably use more of them here in the states. Perhaps it might disrupt the "Taylor vs. Martin" argument / drone.....
Yes Cranky they would disrupt the Taylor Vs Martin/drone, go watch a Tommy Emmanuel utube

especially for my liking " Initiation" . Cheers