my budget is around 190$ I am confused bw Squier strat hss and epiphone les Paul special 2. I want to play rock music and want a guitar which can handle distortion well. also tell me about a good amp.how is Marshall mg 10 cf or ibanez ibz15g
buy a used classic vibe squier

\thread
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Buy a vibrator it will serve you better
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
LP special II. Ibanez amp.
Oh and don't buy used guitars, they usually come with fret wear and denting.
Last edited by Nanobotter at Feb 15, 2014,
Buy the better looking one. Seriously, at your level the type wont matter. If you aren't good, an expensive guitar wont sound better. Likewise if you are good, you can rock a shitty guitar. As far as the sound goes, a beginner can't tell the difference anyways. I personally think Les Pauls look better, but whatever you prefer the look of, get that.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

don't get either, get either a gibson 2014 melody maker, a 2014 gibson sgj, or a esp strat if you like that.

these are all great guitars with good prices

Edit: oh, $190? That's pretty cheap dude, I would consider saving a little longer and getting a guitar that you can play when you are actually a decent player. If you're dead set on that price range than I would suggest either a Jay Turser jt-220, it's a cheap les paul type that I have and plays great. get that.
Last edited by ehbacon at Feb 15, 2014,
Quote by K'Nuckles
This. I've played classic vibes that are better than mim strats.
Honestly, I've played ones that play better than £1000+ USAs.

then again Fender USAs are hideously over rated and MIM level G&Ls play better sometimes
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
You should probably get an affinity series starter pack...

You'll get a squire affinity strat or tele, an amp, tuner, bag, picks, chord, and DVD showing guitar basics.

It won't be pro level gear but it will give you all the basics you need and you can get it all BRAND NEW for right around your budget.

I know they make epiphone, ibanez, and some other starter packs as well if that is more your style. But I believe the affinity is one of the better ones.
Quote by Nanobotter
LP special II. Ibanez amp.
Oh and don't buy used guitars, they usually come with fret wear and denting.

lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
If you were going that cheap, I would consider the LP100 instead of the special II. I've played the LP100 and it's actually a decent guitar, especially for the price. I believe they make a LP100 starter pack, however it may be a special II. The equally priced Tele starter pack doesn't look too bad either.
Quote by ambler3
Don't get a MG, you'll hate yourself soon for buying one. Same applies for a Line 6 spider. I'd suggest getting either a Vox Vt20, Fender Mustang, or a Roland cube.

Just wondering, what do you dislike about eh Line 6 spiders? I've had a spider II 75w combo for about 8 years (passed down from my older brother) and especially for a beginner, I would recommend a spider. It's no 6505, but it's really not a bad sounding amp once you play with the settings.

I do agree with the Mustang, however.
Take this thread to the electric guitar forum.

But for real, save up longer until you got $250-300, go to your local guitar store and try out a few guitars. If you don't have a store near you, yeah a squire classic vibe is a good choice. Just get any cheap practice amp, it won't matter to you until you get better.
banned
Quote by TunerAddict
buy a used classic vibe squier

\thread

this.

I love the classic vibe line so much that I just bought a classic vibe 50's strat neck for a parts caster project I'm working on.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I'd love to get myself a Squier CV Butterscotch Tele just because they look so cool. I don't like how they sound though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee