Something i come up with today, gonna get it finished and recorded i reckon.

Could do with some opinions etc on what you all think so far. Good, Bad etc its all welcome in my eyes.

Im a noob at the whole forum thing by the way xD
Attachments:
New Idea.gp5
Last edited by Double D Death at Feb 15, 2014,
Well, just wanted to say, this forum has gone increasingly dead over the past couple years. I don't even post anything anymore, typically no comments... sadly.

And also, the people that are still around don't seem to take too kindly to Djent around here. I personally have no problems with Djent, The Contortionst are one of my favorite bands that use the sound... but they also throw a lot of hooks in there and don't really keep them plain and straightforward.

With all that said, I like the feel of the riff. The notes have a catch to them. But overall, there's nothing out of particular here compared to most djent. You need more hooks, change up the beat a little more, and most importantly - to use more of the fretboard. A lot of the best Djent is like that. Don't mean to say bands like Structures aren't talented, but there's no more room for simplicity.

Listen to a lot of Dream Theatre especially to get an idea of all the other things you can do to make it work. Scale the Summit uses it at times (reference this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgNtv7LtDdE&feature=kp [particularly the heavy part after 0:54). Also, I'd reference this if you haven't already heard it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPot3WsuM04).

Sorry about link bombing you and stuff, just trying to show that if you're going to Djent then you have to do a lot more than the simplicity you're currently at.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Thanks man. This is why i asked for opinions etc. Need that telling off for being simple haha
il keep working on it
I look forward to it.
How did you creat the file (you typed each note or imported from midi or like that)?
I asked because you have a lot of Tied notes and not regular Time signatures. If you want i could try to organize this sheet music. I think it will be easier to analyze it and maybe easier to compose it further.
I don't know about him, but I use Guitar Pro simply to have a playable copy of any song I write, with tablature. I have been doing it for four years of no musical theory whatsoever, but my song tablature was once like his. If you wanna fix it up elgatorojo, then you can go for it. But I believe this guy is like me and time will only show some change.
Quote by Rokkstar
DragTheWaters... Structures I don't think would fall under simple? haha. I'd like to think they're one of the most creative bands I've heard in my lifetime.

Man, you have to go deeper Structures are like, babies first djent band.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american