My brother found it, told me about it and told me to pick it up. Yes, I know it's a pedal to simulate (or is it emulate?) the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier amp head. But outside of that I literally know jack shit about it. I've had a hard time finding decent results on Google. Mostly I just end up with results for third party simulator pedals.

It works fine as far as I can tell. I don't play through any kind of Mesa amp though so I couldn't compare the sound %100. It still sounds pretty badass either way.

Mainly, I'm just kind of curious as to how old it could be and possibly some kind of appraisal on it? I'm trying to find out if I paid a fair price for it.

Thanks.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1 Gravity Storm(neck)/X2N(bridge) Drop Db
Ibanez S421 Air Norton(neck)/Super Distortion(bridge) Drop D
7th Heaven->ML-2->Dr. Boogie->Zoom G3->GE-7->NS-2->Mute
Line 6 Spider II HD150+foot pedal
Some 4x12 cab

Last edited by FoX KiLLa at Feb 15, 2014,
looks like a 3 knob dr. boogie diy guitar pedal and someone threw an official looking graphic on it.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Feb 15, 2014,
Definitely home-brew. Mesa is pretty new in the stomp-box world, apart from their old v-twin tube pedal they made back in the '90s. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Being that it sounds like it's a DIY box I'm kind of leery that I may have overpaid for it. But I bought it off of eBay for $120 (used).
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

Quote by FoX KiLLa
Being that it sounds like it's a DIY box I'm kind of leery that I may have overpaid for it. But I bought it off of eBay for $120 (used).

a good homemade pedal can go from 80 to 120. i wouldn't say you got ripped, but you may have overpaid a little bit. i wouldn't worry about it if it sounds good.

-ae
i mean...doesnt sound good? then probably not. especially if its made really really well.

if its a botched job or something then yes you overpaid. but yeah i would say you either read the add wrong or that misrepresentation.

120 isnt bad for a solid pedal. hopefully its better than your average BOSS. if not, then yeah you got ripped.

aside from knowing the mesa products, just do about 30 min of google search. should have cleared that up really quick. pretty easy to tell the only mesa pedals out are the ones on thier current website.

not many pedals are branded with a rectifier name. im sure there are dozens out there in teh world, but few my majors names. 2 that come to mind are Mesa themselves with their new line and Wampler.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Feb 15, 2014,
Yeah I did try researching it before I bought it. I didn't know if this thing was just that rare and that there wasn't much information on it. I came across results for clone pedals, though. But the one recurring manufactured "rectifier" pedal I came across was the Wampler Triple Wreck.

I couldn't tell this thing wasn't a Mesa manufactured product at first because of the decal on the front. The eBay listing said it was a Mesa Engineering Dual Rectifier in pedal form. It didn't say it was a genuine Mesa product but it didn't say it was a homebrew pedal either. (Edit: on the eBay listing, the brand listed says 'Mesa Engineering'.) I guess a red flag should've been the lack of labeling on the bottom of the casing.

The stompbox casing is pretty solid but it has definitely had its fair share of use. The switch is solid as hell as far as I can tell. It has a nice, bright blue LED on it. And like I said previously, it sounds good for a distortion pedal.

I just don't know if I feel ripped off or not for paying so much for a pedal that ended up being homemade. I already gave the seller a good rating (it was full functional and I got it shipped to me pretty fast, so can't complain about service), but I'm wondering if I should still contact him about selling a pedal that he didn't label as not being a genuine Mesa product.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

Last edited by FoX KiLLa at Feb 15, 2014,
^ You definitely should contact him, if he did sell it as a genuine Mesa pedal. Hell, if you want your money back, threaten to tell Mesa about his business and sue his @ss.

And post a new review on his page too to inform people about that.
Quote by Jyrgen
^ You definitely should contact him, if he did sell it as a genuine Mesa pedal. Hell, if you want your money back, threaten to tell Mesa about his business and sue his @ss.

+1

though i wouldn't necessarily get shitty with him, i'd send him a message explaining the misunderstanding and request that he should conspicuously state that the pedal is a 'homebrew' DIY pedal rather than an official MB pedal.

if you want to return it then i'd also request a return.

then post a review on his page explaining how you bought the pedal cuz you thought it was a real MB product and then explain how he handled your request (whether he accepted the return or not).

but it is really quite common for sellers to 'attach' names of big companies to their DIY products. for example, the 'volume boxes' you use in your effects loop, those things are advertised with Fender and Vox all over them and pretty much imply this is either one of their products or is made specifically for that product... but it's just an audio taper pot in a box.

-ae
Quote by Jyrgen

I don't know if it was a case of trying to pass it off as a genuine or not. This seller's store sells a ton of pedals and has been around for quite some time. I'm not trying to ruin this guy's reputation but I do feel I should inform him that it's not a genuine Mesa product.

Edit: just going to message the seller saying that I did research on it after receiving it. I'm going to tell him that it's a not a genuine Mesa product and should not have been listed as such.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

Last edited by FoX KiLLa at Feb 16, 2014,