Hi GB&C, this is my first post in this part of the UG forums.

I want to mod my Fender MiM Telecaster, but it would be my first time modding anything. I was wanting to change almost, if not all the hardware. New tuners, new pickups, add a Bigsby B5, maybe a new bridge for the Bigsby, and if I'm really ambitious, strip the paint amd clear coat it, depending on the grain underneath.

I was wondering what your guys thoughts on this project were and how I should go about doing it. I may do it in small steps as well. The tuners for sure have to be changed though.

I was also wondering if there was a stock guitar out there that would fit the bill. P90 in the neck, single in the bridge, Bigsby and single cut.

Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Hi GB&C, this is my first post in this part of the UG forums.

I want to mod my Fender MiM Telecaster, but it would be my first time modding anything.

I was also wondering if there was a stock guitar out there that would fit the bill. P90 in the neck, single in the bridge, Bigsby and single cut.

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you modding your Tele or you are looking for a different guitar to mod?

If the situation is you're looking for a different guitar to "fit the bill" then you may want to head over to Warmoth and you can buy a body with the specific cavities you want along with body shape and necks etc.

Or is it you are looking for a guitar that has all of the mods you wanted so you can just buy that and not have to do any mods at all?
Quote by dead_air_space

Or is it you are looking for a guitar that has all of the mods you wanted so you can just buy that and not have to do any mods at all?

This.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
It sounds like you might be ready for a Telecaster guitar kit. You wouldn't have to tear apart your existing guitar to make your new one.
Quote by AWACS
This.

I don't think it's very likely you'll find all of the things you want in a guitar that has already been manufactured in that case, especially if you are looking for a Tele body.

It would probably be easier to find a guitar that has the Bigsby system in it and then swap pickups, assuming you find a guitar with the right body you want. I think most of them would end up being semi-hollow rather than completely solid.