What im trying to do is record my drummer. now we have red shot triggers and a ddrum1 module. im trying to use the midi out to make a midi map in reaper and use the triggers on the drums to trigger the SSD4 drums. Im going to mic his two kicks and blend the triggers and the raw mic tone as well for the kicks. then use the ssd4 toms and 2 overheads for the cymbols. im having trouble figuring out how to get everything set up tho...

how to do i make the midi map and apply it to the ssd4 in reaper?
and how do i set the paramaters for the triggers? i.e. how to make the kick drum trigger make a kick sound in reaper after its been midi'd in?

maybe this is confusing...im having a hard time explaining exactly what im trying to do because ive never done this before...aha.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
I can't get a hold of a picture of the back of the module.
Does it have an usb output?
If it does, skip the first 2 points.

1. get a 5pin din cable (that's the name of midi cables, but if you search for midi cables on ebay or whatever, the price drastically raises)
2. get a usb/firewire midi interface, depending on the ports your computer has, and plug the din cable in the "midi in" port on the interface
3. plug the module/interface into your computer and open reaper
4. set whatever has to be set in reaper to receive midi signals from the module/interface
5. open up your favorite drum sampler as a plug-in in reaper
6. play, it will most likely work, but if it doesn't...
7. find the midi learn button in the drum sampler
8. click on it, then click on whatever produces a sound of a piece of the kit in the drum sample and hit the corresponding piece of the kit in real like
9. repeat for each piece of the kit

or, if the points from 7 to 9 don't work,
7. record the drum part
8. get into the midi sheet editor in reaper and move the notes to the right sound afterwards

I can't really think of anything more efficient here, though wait for someone else's idea before spending any money on stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
I can't get a hold of a picture of the back of the module.
Does it have an usb output?
If it does, skip the first 2 points.

1. get a 5pin din cable (that's the name of midi cables, but if you search for midi cables on ebay or whatever, the price drastically raises)
2. get a usb/firewire midi interface, depending on the ports your computer has, and plug the din cable in the "midi in" port on the interface
3. plug the module/interface into your computer and open reaper
4. set whatever has to be set in reaper to receive midi signals from the module/interface
5. open up your favorite drum sampler as a plug-in in reaper
6. play, it will most likely work, but if it doesn't...
7. find the midi learn button in the drum sampler
8. click on it, then click on whatever produces a sound of a piece of the kit in the drum sample and hit the corresponding piece of the kit in real like
9. repeat for each piece of the kit

or, if the points from 7 to 9 don't work,
7. record the drum part
8. get into the midi sheet editor in reaper and move the notes to the right sound afterwards

I can't really think of anything more efficient here, though wait for someone else's idea before spending any money on stuff.

This is definately helpful because i went at it cluseless. wasnt able to read this before i tried tho.. anyway i crashed and burned on that one didnt get anywhere.

i have a saffire pro 40 which has midi in/out. ive plugged in a DDrum1 module that has red shit triggers on two kicks, 4 toms, and a snare, thats going to the midi in on the saffire.

the module works as we've used it for shows and used it to record just stereo out not midi and it worked alright but i didnt have control of any of the triggers for eqing and what not because it was all recorded to one track and theres not a way to really break it down.

i can't seem to the get the ddrum1 triggers to do anything in SSD4 or reaper for that matter...the only info i can find is on using SSD4 with a keyboard and thats not what im trying to do.

ill try again i suppose with this guide and see if i can figure it out.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Try recording a midi part, even if it doesn't produce any sound.
Than try to move the recorded midi notes in the sheet and find what notes correspond to each sound.
You could just record without hearing stuff and map it afterwards, though again, you could try using the midi learn function in SSD.

No wait, read this.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.