I've had my bridge decked since forever. I installed a Callaham block/saddle a few years back and it came with some loooongggg saddle height adjustment screws. Its never cut me... yet but I'd like to make them shorter to smoothen the bridge feel. Don't mind sanding/grinding down sharp edges if I have to.

So what tool do I use to snap these fuggers to size?

They stick out like this

I want em like this

Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 15, 2014,
you'd just be better off getting new screws that are shorter and replacing them. that being said i wouldn't even know where to source the parts. i don't think i have seen those individuals screws be sold anywhere.

if you really wanna do work on the original screws though you may be able to grind them down, though i think there is a high chance of warping or deforming the original parts or at the very least modifying them precisely will be difficult.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Go to a machine shop and have them get you the screws. They can get them. You can also look at stewmac
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You could try to grind them down with a grinder and run a die over them, but I would just get new screws...

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Last edited by Tremolo Bum at Feb 15, 2014,
Keep in mind you'll have to grind them from the bottom, if you grind the head off of them you won't be able to adjust them again and risk scratching up the saddles themselves. I just live with it, it's part of the Strat character in my opinion.

If it bothers you that much, you might consider buying a bridge cover for it. The original Stratocasters came with them factory, probably for that reason.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Keep in mind you'll have to grind them from the bottom, if you grind the head off of them you won't be able to adjust them again and risk scratching up the saddles themselves. I just live with it, it's part of the Strat character in my opinion.

If it bothers you that much, you might consider buying a bridge cover for it. The original Stratocasters came with them factory, probably for that reason.

that is so un-metal. how u supposed to palm mute? i guess it'd work for goo-goo dolls cover songs
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Find a pair of these, use them to cut the screws to length.

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Feb 15, 2014,
Quote by Arby911
Find a pair of these, use them to cut the screws to length.

Whoa I have a pair of those within 20 feet of where I sit right now. If I screw up I'll just order some from stewmac the kind fellow recommended above. Hopefully it doesn't come to that

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Tremolo Bum

lol. I could borrow my dads but that would be too hardcore.

like using this screwdriver

for a pickup swap
personally i wood use an angle grinder. i am handy with them, but be careful. i cut with the blade, and round them out a lttle bit with the side. if you need to clean them out use a tap and die.

or get new screws. ace hardware / truvalue should have proper screws. fastenall is great but i think they don't go below a 100 order i know a guy that used to deal with when i had my shop (sold for another business)nand he would just hand me a few if i needed something small.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/