Check out this up and coming band from south jersey.

The Artisan
They just released their first EP Produced/Engineered by Ricky Armellino (This or The Apocalypse)

From What You've Built Will Fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfjzwtvEnIo

If you like what you hear pick it up on Itunes!
Last edited by Tredway856 at Feb 15, 2014,
0/10 thread
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
To be honest, this is quite frankly one of the dullest bands I've ever heard. This band spent so much time making this intense but it simply doesn't cater to the metal fans who enjoy classic albums like Morbid Angel's Blessed are the Sick, or Sarcofago's I.N.R.I.. With that, I'm inclined to say I didn't like it at all. It lacks vision. The name of the band sounds pretentious while the music lacks direction. I can tell your music strives for depth but lacks it as it forces the listener to indulge in anonymous quotes from a top 100 quotes website.

"Everyone loves a good disaster"
"I wouldn't trust you to try and save yourself, why would I trust you to save me"

That's as far as I could get. This band fills in sections of music with needless melodies over top of less than exciting vocals, and then following it with stupid ass breakdowns. I get it, this type of music is in right now, but it doesn't need to be. I submit to the band, "The Artisan," that they stop with this mindless attempt at music and create something truly spectacular.

I've outlined a list of items will aid "The Artisan" in their transformative journey into new musical territories, exceed the threshold:

-Jigsaw Puzzle
-Book Pages
-Car muffler
-Guitar made from hair
-Pebbles falling from approximately 15.4 meters and landing in a pool of mercury
-Panties that have "big booty" in rhinestones on the ass of them
-Gay moustache
-Richard Simmons fitness DVD

Be better than your counterparts. That's all I ask.
Quote by severed-metal

-Jigsaw Puzzle
-Book Pages
-Car muffler
-Guitar made from hair
-Pebbles falling from approximately 15.4 meters and landing in a pool of mercury
-Panties that have "big booty" in rhinestones on the ass of them
-Gay moustache
-Richard Simmons fitness DVD

best night of my life, thanks again
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Reminds me of BMTH, which I also do not like.

But other than that, I can see this band having a fanbase.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by Mind_Reader7
Reminds me of BMTH, which I also do not like.

This sounds nothing like BMTH...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Mind_Reader7
But other than that, I can see this band having a fanbase.

It really is quite unfortunate.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.

Ouch. Poor fella.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
I will be nice(r).

It was generic, dull, and nothing I have not heard before. Thank you for not putting it in the hardcore forum. It doesn't belong there. It belongs here along with all the other music that sounds like it.

Sigh....
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by DamienEx1021
I will be nice(r).

It was generic, dull, and nothing I have not heard before. Thank you for not putting it in the hardcore forum. It doesn't belong there. It belongs here along with all the other music that sounds like it.

Sigh....

Finally, somebody with actual knowledge of genres. You're right, this sounds like 95% of the stuff posted here in the metal forum. Ugh.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by DamienEx1021
I will be nice(r).

Sigh....

Nah, this sounds like it should be in the HxC forum instead, or just shoved into the deathcore or djent threads.
Quote by Kytokinesis
Finally, somebody with actual knowledge of genres. You're right, this sounds like 95% of the stuff posted here in the metal forum. Ugh.

I have guys like Morph and ChemFire to thank for that. When I first got here I was misguided in my definitions and they set me straight after a few awkward posts.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Nah, this sounds like it should be in the HxC forum instead, or just shoved into the deathcore or djent threads.

Troll
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
I have guys like Morph and ChemFire to thank for that. When I first got here I was misguided in my definitions and they set me straight after a few awkward posts.

Troll

>____> Son, I will beat your ass with a switch. #Tennessee

Naw, but it does have more to do with hardcore music. The vocal style, drum beats, and rhythmic nature of it all is very hardcore-influenced; albeit very generic.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
>____> Son, I will beat your ass with a switch. #Tennessee

Naw, but it does have more to do with hardcore music. The vocal style, drum beats, and rhythmic nature of it all is very hardcore-influenced; albeit very generic.

Son? I'm older then you you turd

To be fair I only listened to the first few minutes. Seemed terribly watered down melodeath. Then I skipped halfway through and caught a little bit of what you were talking about hardcore wise.

Still belongs here.

Also, tomato.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again