Hey Everyone

Just thought I'd drop by and share a new song with all of you entitled "Opening". It is the first track from an upcoming EP I've been working on, which will contain several film score-esque tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/dead_air_space/opening

If you like it feel free to follow me on SoundCloud and I'm open to any feedback or comments both here and SoundCloud

Thanks!

dead_air_space
Last edited by dead_air_space at Feb 24, 2014,
Holy crap. That sounds awesome! I think the part at 2:23 should have started at 1:51 imho... But that's a pretty epic sound. What are you using for the orchestral percussions?
Quote by JDawg
Holy crap. That sounds awesome! I think the part at 2:23 should have started at 1:51 imho... But that's a pretty epic sound. What are you using for the orchestral percussions?

I'm glad you liked it!

For the percussion it is all from Native Instruments Evolve.
Quote by Huliheaden
Very cool! Dead air space, is that a reference to the Radiohead blog? Anyway, I like the piano work and the orchestral feeling of everything. Good job! Not much to say really. Very epic.

Hope you'll have a listen to one of our songs: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1634912

Thanks! haha yeah it definitely is. I love Radiohead and when I was thinking of a name for myself I thought that sounded cool/properly repped my favorite band without stealing a song name or something like that.

I'll definitely take a listen tonight after I get off work.
Wow this is beautiful. Sounds very professional and I personally love the score. The sounds are incredible too. You say the orchestral stuff is from a Native Instruments pack? I might have to pick it up because this sounded beautiful.

I gave you a follow and a like on soundcloud. Let me know when you finish up your EP and I'll give it a listen!
Quote by Octavarius94
Wow this is beautiful. Sounds very professional and I personally love the score. The sounds are incredible too. You say the orchestral stuff is from a Native Instruments pack? I might have to pick it up because this sounded beautiful.

I gave you a follow and a like on soundcloud. Let me know when you finish up your EP and I'll give it a listen!

I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the follow (I gave a return follow).

All of the percussion used is from Native Instruments Evolve. The piano comes from Garritan Personal Orchestra. The strings are a combination of samples from Native Instruments Action Strings along with EastWest Hollywood Strings Gold.

The track is quite the melting pot of samples
This is an entertaining and well produced track that doesn't take too many risks. It falls in line with the likes of Hans Zimmer who creates entertaining music, but not exactly groundbreaking music. Personally, I would try to amend a few things in here. The main piano plays in such a simplistic 1-2-3-4 pace that it simply serves as a backing rhythm, and becomes unmemorable. The symphonic elements are more interesting. The main theme that gets played is great, though I keep feeling like I've heard something very similar in the past. The percussion sounds excellent too, though, it's as generic as it comes. To me, this is a great exercise in composition of soundtrack styled music, but fails to really provoke a whole lot of musical interest in me. Still, it would serve a film well, especially if you were able to properly record and orchestra and what have you.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.