I'm considering buying this amplifier to replace my Peavey Vypyr 15 for it cannot emulate the feel of a tube amplifier of which I have began to yearn for.. How much does this amplifier cost and would it be worth every penny? Thanks in advance, and keep rockin' and rollin til your fingers bleed!!
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Last edited by RoKHED at Feb 15, 2014,
I can't vouch for the DSL40C specifically but I tried a DSL100H yesterday which I believe has the same circuit and it was killer! Would definitely recommend it. Tried it through V30s.

I currently have a Bugera 333XL combo (which is tube) and is by no means a bad amp, quite good actually but the DSL100H slays it.

As for cost, that depends where you live. Look up some of the websites of guitar stores near to where you live that stock marshalls. we can't do everything for you!
Last edited by Badmotorfingers at Feb 15, 2014,
Yeah, I know what you mean.. I was at Guitar Center the other day to exchange my faulty LP-100 for a factory fresh one, I plugged the new one into a DSL100H..
HOLY SH@T that amp is AWESOOOOOOOOOOOME!!
Unfortunately I didn't catch a glimpse of the price tag..
On the bright side, Marshalls sound good with just about ANY guitar!
I tried it with a BC Rich Warlock, a Jackson Rhoads V with Floyd Rose, even
a Fender MIM Stratocaster sounded kickass through this beast! So yeah, I'm convinced by experience that Marshall is DA BOMB!
Thanks for the recommendations Badmotorfingers, and keep rockin'!
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Honestly I was not too big a fan of the new DSL series. I think that there are better amps in that price range that can do what the DSL can do. I would look at the older DSL series first. Those are highly regarded amps. They are the JCM 2000 DSL series amps. The 401 (combo version) and the DSL 50/100 are the head versions. They are very versatile, amazing amps. I would look at those before the newer series. Depending on how much you are looking to spend.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
If you like the DSL100h, the older JCM2000 DSL100 or 50 is better and cheaper. The DSL100h is $899 a used JCM 2000 DSL50/100 is $500-$600 used at GC. and you can get a used (beat up but fully functional) Marshall 1960 cab for $250-$300 used also.

The older JCM2000 DSL 401 is different from the new DSL40c. Actually the new DSL and the old JCM2000 DSL lines are not quite the same amps.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I didn't like the 401 as well as the older DSL50/100. It was by no means bad, but it was just
'decent'. Nothing too special. You can get them dirt cheap though. If my cab woulda sold a day earlier I coulda snagged one for $250
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I think the new DSL40c > than the old DSL401 And the old DSL100 > new DSL100h

I really like the DSL40c.... after the 70/80 speaker is replaced. That speaker makes so many good amps sound so bad!