I tried putting my crybaby before my Boss OD-3, but then it ate up all the distortion from it and even at 10 gain there was barely any distortion, while the volume was way too high to up the level to maybe hear more of the overdrive.

Whys that?
Quote by GuitarDaddyCool
I tried putting my crybaby before my Boss OD-3, but then it ate up all the distortion from it and even at 10 gain there was barely any distortion, while the volume was way too high to up the level to maybe hear more of the overdrive.

Whys that?

i always throw my wah beofore dirt. (tuner-wah-OD,etc)

i tried it the other way with the OD to wah but i didn't like it much,

neither way did it act like it is in your situation. look for gumbi moltar or cath. they will probably be able to have the best answer.

beyond that i dont' have a ton to say.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
this may have more to do with your amp settings than the pedals. what amp and what tone settings are you using. wha's have a tonal sweet spot and if you get outside of that it can affect your tone and how thin the sound is. on the other hand if your overdrive is setup outside that spot it may also have the same effect.
Quote by GuitarDaddyCool
What is the sweet spot for a Dunlop Crybaby, considering the amp is a 15w frontman?

this has to do with the tone settings. the wah works best in the mid range settings if there is to much treble or bass then you will lose part of the signal depending on where the sweep on the wah is. as for where that is exactly that will be up to you to find as it varies. using an overdrive with your amp really won't do much but make the input signal louder as there are no tubes to drive. I'd suggest leaving out the overdrive to find the sweet spot and then add it back in for final tweaking.
Quote by GuitarDaddyCool
What is the sweet spot for a Dunlop Crybaby, considering the amp is a 15w frontman?

save for an amp, then look into effects

or just up a used beaten one for $20.

outside condition doesn't mean the inside wont work. make sure everything is intact pedal works freely the power cord works, etc. then when you have cash and want another wah, sell the first one to break even on it and get your $20 back, and reinvest.

also at some point if you get to working on pedals, i think there are quite a bit of different mods you could do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/