Hey all,

I have been playing guitar for about 6,5 years. I feel like it's time to get a bass.

I want to do all the bass parts of the songs I know on guitar (Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Extreme, Van Halen). I like the style of bass a lot in the old school kiss and all led zeppelin a lot.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bSIqzPxvMw

I also want to pick up slap later on if I am good enough.

So what bass guitar is suitable to do this at a low price (not really feel like paying a lot for a bass so maybe second hand is an option too) And what's also important is what kind of amplifier I need. Maybe a rolland bass cube will do fine?
I have a Peavey Milestone III bass that I picked up a few years ago for £50. Sounds & plays great, even 'proper' bassists have told me it's almost as good as their more expensive basses.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Boreesimo
What's your budget and where are you?

I'm in the Netherlands and my budget would be like €350 with an amplifier. I am aware that this might be like way to cheap for the set of a bass and an amp so I'm willing to buy second hand basses and amplifiers.
A squier vintage modified 70s jazz bass would suit everything you want, they are nice basses as well as being low in price. As for amps gear4music's own brand 'RedSub' have a nice selection for quite cheap, I've relentlessly gigged my 80watt one over the past year and a half, and they sound pretty fine... There are definitely better ones but not in the same price point.