Hi there,
If I wanted a jeff loomis style shred lead on my ironheart studio but a proper djent/dj0nt/00000001/24/1/000000000 Misha Mansoor/John Browne/Downpickthefkup rhythm sound, what goes best here?

Sorry for the emmure banter, I don't like them either ) x
They're the same pedal. The housing and switch is different and preference is personal. Internally there are two resistors on the output that are different but their effect on the signal is inaudible. There is as much difference between two 808's as there are between a 9 and an 808. Manufacturing tolerances are what produce any difference between any two of them you may compare.

Green Rhino.

Or in another direction, for what you are playing: EHX Soul Food.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 16, 2014,
Would the same apply to the Ibanez 808 tube screamer reissue(180) and standard TS9 ($100)? Just curious.
They're all the same, electronically.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah they are basically the same pedal.

I use a GFS Greenie (TS clone) and I really like it. It has a 3 position toggle so you can get 3 slightly different voicings (very slight difference). It cost $50 new and IMO is a better value than Ibanez.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I always used the ts9 and pulled out the clipping diodes so that it has more volume and less gain. The stock pedals add too much gain and noise and alot of mid bump. With the diodes pulled, it is more of a clean boost, or the compcut side of a fulltone mosfet pedal. Generally with a ts type pedal you would run gain min, tone half, and volume full. With no diodes, to get the same type of sound, all knobs at noon. Just makes it louder and smoother and just awesomer to me. Lol. If ur on a budget, get either nux, joyo, or biyang. Each is china made, but under $50. Alot have switches for the diodes so u wont have to disect anythinv. Just flip a switch.
The mid hump is more of a bass cut. That can be removed with a single capacitor swap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
get a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 is a better option. has a better tone control setup and an option for more gain if needed. although the Ibanez Tubescreamer is a great pedal there are tons of potentially better options available for that type of sound. explore your options to see what works best for you.
I'd take a green rhino, too.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I've owned both and there is not enuff difference to justify the price of the 808... Guess your paying for a cooler housing...