do not go Ponier Music! they will destroy your guitars, give you a bunch of lip and not give refunds. you've been warned! here's a nasty review im leaving for them on yelp and google. sorry for the rant. dont want to see anybody else get screwed.

the absolute worse music store to get your guitars set-up. when i mean bad... i mean atrocious! the guitar tech (Cliff) is not certified and he sure as hell aint a Luthier. this store loves to brag about Cliff touring with Megadeath. yeah right! first, they quoted me to do a simple set-up for $35. upon check out... i was charged $45. of course my wife came to pick up and pay because i was at work. obvious, they take advantage of women. second, Cliff done a garbage job on my guitar($925.00 Schecter). it was way out of tune, strings flopped like spaghetti noodles, nut was filed out way to wide to accommodate big gauge strings(nut severely damaged has to be replaced), severe fret buzz, hardware scratched/screw heads stripped out, truss rod cover loosely attached and the action was so low the strings looked like they were painted on the fret board. i have never heard or seen a guitar tech doing such horrible work. how does he keep a job! im serious. this is absolutely insane. third, the 2 week old guitar came back filthy. covered in dust and finger prints. 99.99999 % of all guitar techs clean up the guitar and treat the necks before returning the instrument back to the owner. shows right there that Cliff does not respect your instrument. forth, i was told my guitar would be finished on monday(guitar was dropped off on saturday). was told there wasnt a long wait and they would accommodate and ensure that i got my instrument back quick because i had a friend flying in from out of town to do some recording. guess what? Cliff called out of work on monday. the store clerk was joking about Cliff being to hung over and that if he called out of work on a monday that he wouldve been fired. i was like, what!

all in all, i had a horrible experience. never could get in touch with the owner. they refused to refund my money for the guitar set-up. i asked them to reimburse me $25 to replace the nut(cliff ruined), replace the cost of strings(brand new, not purchased there) and the total cost of the guitar set-up. they refused to do any form of of refund that they would only give "Cliff" a second chance to fix his screw-ups free of charge. FREE OF CHARGE?!?!?!?! are you kidding me? yes, this is what i was told. would you let a fat, bald headed drunk touch your guitar again that done a horrible job from the get go? i dont think so. i really regret my wife paying cash instead of credit. i wouldve just disputed the charges. people... listen well. DO NOT GO TO PONIER MUSIC!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your trouble with them. I'm sure they won't have much business if they keep that up. I always do my own setups, it's not hard and I think if anyone is going to mess up my guitar it should be me...
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Hyperbole and poor grammar, that's how I know a review is legit.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Sounds like a disagreement for sure.

This is pretty common. After i was burned at a shop I learned to do it myself.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Sounds like a disagreement for sure.

This is pretty common. After i was burned at a shop I learned to do it myself.

ive never had an issue using tech's. this is new for me. i guess eventually your gonna get burnt. hopefully, i dont go to jail tomorrow. i will be there when the door opens.
Quote by REDRUMPLE MINTZ
ive never had an issue using tech's. this is new for me. i guess eventually your gonna get burnt. hopefully, i dont go to jail tomorrow. i will be there when the door opens.

Seriously, how old are you?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Take some prozac.

Talk calmly. If you go in there yelling they are going to kick your ass to the curb. No one wants to help some irate asshole, regardless of valid his/her concern is.

Think about it. What is yelling going to do?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.