I use a Vox AC15 I am trying to get a pedal to use for modern metal I am wondering how heavy the Triple Wreck is? What types of bands does it sound like, is it good for August Burns Red? Also, I have asked before but anyone have experience with the MI Audio Megalith Delta pedal?

Thanks
Raconteurs Fan Guy
It'll sure sound like a wreck through an AC15.

And not in a good way.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 16, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It'll sure sound like a wreck through an AC15.

And not in a good way.

Why? The AC15 has a gorgeous clean, perhaps a bit sharp, but I'd think that you would get good results with the Triple Wreck, even if I have never been that impressed with the sound clips I've heard of that pedal.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I have tried many distortion pedals, included the Triple Wreck, and they lack balls (gain is not "balls"). I get more body and articulation stacking Od and Fuzz pedals.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
Any other pedals recommendations dementiacaptain?

Well to be honest I'm not a pedal guy, so I can't make a recommendation. Don't get me wrong, the TW is cool, a lot of folks like it, just not me. One pedal I dug was the Dr. Boogie, but it is a kit build as far as I'm aware, they aren't available as a completed pedal. A shame, they sound the closest I've heard to a real Rec.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Why? The AC15 has a gorgeous clean, perhaps a bit sharp, but I'd think that you would get good results with the Triple Wreck, even if I have never been that impressed with the sound clips I've heard of that pedal.

The ac15 lacks low end imo.

and honestly I'm not a fan of distortion pedals at all. You'll nearly always have better results with an amp that distorts well on its own.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Indeed, but the situation I am in is that I like my amp a lot and just need the modern metal sound when I jam with my friends in our band. I don't want to buy another amp just for this use.
Raconteurs Fan Guy
Well, if it's just for jamming get a Metal Muff...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The ac15 lacks low end imo.

and honestly I'm not a fan of distortion pedals at all. You'll nearly always have better results with an amp that distorts well on its own.

Agreed on both points, but I think you can defintely remedy the low end point, it's not like you want a ton of it if you are doing tight riffing anyway. I also prefer amp distortion, but sometimes it doesn't make sense for folks to buy a separate metal amp, so I accept them as a somewhat necessary evil.

Edit: ^ I always thought the MM was too fuzzy for a lot of metal, so saturated, but that's just me.
Last edited by dementiacaptain at Feb 16, 2014,
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
Indeed, but the situation I am in is that I like my amp a lot and just need the modern metal sound when I jam with my friends in our band. I don't want to buy another amp just for this use.

If its for maybe 1 or 2 song in a set it'll be "ok". But if you are jamming to a lot of metal the ac15 isn't going to cut it. You would probably be better off with an overdrive and a treble boost. Try to get some brian mayish stuff going on but a bit heavier. Probably the heaviest sound that "sounds good" you'll get from it

I had an AC30 that I loved and tried doing the same with a bunch of nice pedals and it ultimately wasn't very convincing. Too much high end brit chime and its one of the loosest amps out there. Probably the last amp you would consider for chugga heavey tones.

For a more convincing sound just get a used modeling amp for 200 that does the tight brootz for jam fun. Remember the AC15 was the Beatles weapon of choice... not modern metal material.

I just can't picture an AC15 doing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiNAact_1vM
Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 16, 2014,
Quote by cheesefries
If its for maybe 1 or 2 song in a set it'll be "ok". But if you are jamming to a lot of metal the ac15 isn't going to cut it. You would probably be better off with an overdrive and a treble boost. Try to get some brian mayish stuff going on but a bit heavier. Probably the heaviest sound that "sounds good" you'll get from it

I had an AC30 that I loved and tried doing the same with a bunch of nice pedals and it ultimately wasn't very convincing. Too much high end brit chime and its one of the loosest amps out there. Probably the last amp you would consider for chugga heavey tones.

I think it would cut it with a pedal as long as you weren't expecting it to blow you away. The overdrive/treble booster idea wouldn't get him anywhere near ABR type stuff.

Really a lot of the upper-end distortion pedals are pretty nice, just do a lot of investigation and listen to plenty of demos. ABR actually has a very bright tone so you might be able to get closer than you think with the AC and a good pedal, just don't expect miracles.

EDIT: The modeling amp isn't a bad idea though, hell for the price of a Triple Wreck you could just about get a used Vypyr Tube 60 which does the brootz exceedingly well.
Yeah I think I am going to try it. I don't really see any amps I like in the price range, I think it is a versatile enough pedal I can use it for different tones. For someone who has used it is there like a band's sound that you would compare it to or how heavy can it get?
Raconteurs Fan Guy
Good luck! I'm very interested to see how it sounds. If you could record a sample when you get it you would be THE MAN
I run a Triple Wreck into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and I think it'd be a good fit with a Vox. The T-Wreck is quite bassy (like its namesake) but going into a more treble-y amp could help that out. But you still might want to put an overdrive in front of it to tighten things up (especially if you want it modern sounding.)
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
IDK, the one I tried lacked on bass :/

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Weird. I'm running mine with the bass knob at 9 o clock, plus a Bad Monkey in front of it with the Lows turned all the way down, and the bass knob on the HRD is at about 10 o clock, but the tone doesn't lack low end. My amp's up off the ground, too.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Last edited by bassmastamitch at Feb 16, 2014,
The thing I am worried about is I have read a couple reviews where people said that they were disappointed with the amount of gain. I wish I could try one but they don't have any at my local shop all they have is a Throttle Box.
Raconteurs Fan Guy
Don't know, I tried it with my RA100 (nice modern low end) with the bass at 1 o'clock and same with the pedal (also tried rising it) and it didn't do it. Maybe it doesn't like my amp IDK... My Algal Bloom with my Tube Screamer in front has way more body.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Feb 16, 2014,
Check out the AMT R1. Its half the price of the Triple Wreck, and I like it A LOT more.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
One output of the R1 has a cabinet emulation, but if you use the normal output it's a normal distortion pedal. I've never played any of the AMT stuff before; looks promising, though.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Quote by dementiacaptain
One pedal I dug was the Dr. Boogie, but it is a kit build as far as I'm aware, they aren't available as a completed pedal. A shame, they sound the closest I've heard to a real Rec.

Funny that I find someone talk about that as it looks like I just recently bought one of those kit pedals. I'm honestly not sure how it stands up against the real deal. I like the sound and it seems solid enough. I'm just afraid I overpaid a bit.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1 Gravity Storm(neck)/X2N(bridge) Drop Db
Ibanez S421 Air Norton(neck)/Super Distortion(bridge) Drop D
7th Heaven->ML-2->Dr. Boogie->Zoom G3->GE-7->NS-2->Mute
Line 6 Spider II HD150+foot pedal
Some 4x12 cab