I've got an Ibanez RG prestige I need to get rid of within the next month really. I bought a cheaper Ibanez with the intention of funding it with the sale of my current axe.

Now my question is how much do pickup downgrades matter to buyers and will I get more return by investing in original pups?

The story behind this is with my RG I hated the V7, S1, V8 pups so I gutted them out, bought some SD invaders and found they were way too tall, so I basically destroyed the V7 & V8 for the baseplates, flattened them and replaced them onto the invaders (also lost the S1 somewhere). Now I bought an Ibanez Iceman and hate the stock pickups on that, they're the ibanez axis Ah-1 and Ah-2 so logically the SD invaders will be going in that.

That leaves me with an RG H-S-H guitar that came stock with ibanez's higher end pups, 2 mediocre axis pups and no single coil, so to reiterate my question, would I get more overall profit if I:
a)Put the axis in there b)Axis + Cheapest Singlecoil i can find c)Buy a new set of V7,S1,V8
where are you located?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
May be look on Ebay or at Iron Gear pickups Good and cheap
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Any customised guitar is worth less than one that is all original.

I assume you're an honest ebay seller, therefore you will advertise all that you have done to your guitar. Even putting it back to it's original spec counts as a customisation and would need to be included in the listing.

IMO, you might as well leave the guitar in it's current state and be honest about it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Sorry to say, but you cant polish a turd.... it doesnt matter what your talking about. investing more money into anything really with the intention of selling it to make a profit is a losing battle. Unless you got the guitar for a steal and its still worth atleast a few hundred bucks id say dont do it.

You gotta figure, decent pick ups for bridge and neck with run you 150-200$ then, if you dont know how to properly install them, tack on another 150$ plus a proper setup 80$ thats about 400- 500 euros for you.
Your best bet is to work with what you got but then again, what if you put those pickups you have into your ibanez and they sound terrible or dont work. Pickups can get ruined just sitting around or stored improperly.
If the guitar is still in good mechanical condition, you might be better off just buying an emg 81 and 85 pick ups
and just keep it for your self.
You could probably find some V series used pickups and put them in and sell it. Otherwise you could just sell the guitar without pickups. A Prestige shouldn't be hard to get rid of in most any condition.
where in the uk, and how much do you want for the guitar ?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.