I found a Gretsch 5120 for $550 on Craigslist, but I could probably talk the guy down to $500. The only problem was that I was going for a Gretsch 5420 or 5422, and the last time I saw one on Craigslist for a good price was a few weeks ago, and I contacted the guy just after he sold it. Anyways, I have doubts about the pickups on the 5120, because I heard mixed things about them, but I'm not sure how much of a difference the pickups are going to make, because I've only been playing for about three years, so I'm not 100% sure if I could tell a notable difference. Anyways, should I get this guitar? and I put the link for the guitar below.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/4335966935.html

Thanks for helping!
Have you played either guitar to find out if they're what you really like?

Both models are pretty good guitars, I've never heard anything negative about the pickups. The closest I've heard is that peopple will often change the pickups on an Electromatic to the TV Jones pickups you get on the more expensive Gretsch's, that doesn't say anything bad about the original set.

At the end of the day, only you can decide if you should get it or not.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Try it, see if you like it, if it feels "right". That's the most important thing IMHO.

Pickups can always be replaced later if you really want.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112