I was thinking about getting the Sh-6 for my Gibson Sg-x. I like the sound of Distortion with clarity IE System of a down, Mastodon. Reading some of the reviews some are saying that the cleans are not that great. I assume rolling the volume back would help that. Does anyone know of another pickup or brand that has the best of both worlds? If you are not familiar with the Sg-x, It only has one Humbucker compared to the two on the bridge. This is my main axe for now and planning on getting another one. Then moving on to another SG with two Humbuckers, then two one of the new Flying V's.
Last edited by bgod at Feb 16, 2014,
even when rolling the volume back, the SH-6 does not get clean. The best of both worlds would be something like the SH-4. Nice dirty sound and the clean up decent
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
even when rolling the volume back, the SH-6 does not get clean. The best of both worlds would be something like the SH-4. Nice dirty sound and the clean up decent
I watched this video and the Sh-4 just sounded to muddy to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqHUYIzsFCw.
Last edited by bgod at Feb 16, 2014,
I have a SH-4 in a G-400 I wouldn't call it a muddy sounding pickup, but it has lots of mids.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The DiMarzio Dominion? It has a similar tone... Maybe you will prefer the cleans?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB