Is tehre an open source program for loading Amp sim and Impulse loaders? I have chainer but it kind of sucks...

EDIT: i currently run pod farm, but i feel as though the impulses are still a bit fizzy
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by mikevmpr3 at Feb 17, 2014,
If you don't actually want something open source, LePou's LeCab's free and pretty good.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
If you don't actually want something open source, LePou's LeCab's free and pretty good.

i have that plus virtually every other amp sim / impulse loader and 1000s of impulses , what i want is an OPEN SOURCE VST LOADER. to load an amp sim, to load kefir or lepous programs in signal chain very similar to what pod farm does. i think Revalver does as well but i havent used that in forever.
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, do you actually want something open source or you just want something free?

Then, revalver and pod farm are vst plugins themselves, you don't use them to load other vst's.
You use them to get guitar amp like effects, though the fact that you have a signal chain there has nothing to do with loading other stuff.

To load a vst you usually put the thing in your vst folder, you go into your recording software and you load the thing.

What kinda software are you using at the moment?
Oh wait I got that, you're using revalver and pdfarm as standalone programs!
Did I get that?
'cause if that's the case you wanna get yourself a DAW.
I think there's a sticky about that, so find it and read it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Linux crowd don't see to have latched onto music production, I think it was Sam who tried to get a Linux DAW set up going and he was basically defeated at every point. I hate to be stereotypical but I'm kinda assuming that people using Linux care more about coding and engineering and that kinda thing than making music.

No Linux demand = No Open Source for the most part.

And open source stuff won't make PodFarm sound any less fizzy... just sayin' It's all about impulses.

If you're not trying to record anything and are just playing you could just run VSTHost (http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm) disengage the PodFarm cab sim and load up a freeware impulse loader with a better impulse.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Feb 18, 2014,