Page 1 of 4
So my fat ass is being dragged to a Gym by 3 ladies.
Last time I went to the gym, I went with 2 friends who rarely felt the need to go, therefor I wouldn't go either.

These girls train 3 times a week, and I'm being "forced" (they're hot, so why the hell not) to come along with them. (I think there could also be a different reason behind them forcing me to come along)
My problem was always motivation to go. If I'm at the gym, I'll train until I'm exhausted.
The problem always was getting myself to go to the gym. These girls are going to take me every time, so that wont be a problem anymore. which means I'm going to lose weight.

The thing is: I only worked out with help of a personal trainer. the gym we go to now doesn't offer that. you just pay €15 a month for a room with equipment at your disposal, and you train by yourself.

My goal would be to lose weight, and after to maybe gain some muscle (I want to see how beefy I am once I lose weight, If I'm not satisfied, I'll try and gain more)
However, There's no personal trainer to tell me how to achieve this.
Internet isn't really helping either, because 1 post tells me to only do cardio, which burns most fat, but other posts tell me combine cardio with weights, because they burn equal amounts of fat.
I'm not going to use any diet programs. it's not my eating that's bad. I just have a job that has me sitting at a desk all day and I get no exercise.
(The reason I became fat is because I started to eat through a depression, got over that and now I'm losing a little weight bit by bit each month, so exercise would solve it all and make it go faster)

so my question is: What works best for you when losing weight?

Now I know there's a workout thread, but **** that shit I need advice from the ever so serious Pit people!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Monday -
Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press, 3x8 (preference, I prefer barbell)
Dips (if too weak yet, assisted dips) 3xF (F being failure)
Skullcrushers 3x8

Wednesday -
Deadlift 3x5
Chinups or Assisted Chinups 3xF
Dumbbell Bent-over Rows 3x8

Friday -
Barbell Military Press 3x8
Seated DB Shoulder Press 3x8
Standing Lateral Raises 3x8

Source: I'm a bodybuilder/strength trainer - took me 8 months from skinnyfat to achieve this, this was taken August of 2013

(Invalid img)

The first 2 sets should be done at a light warm-up weight, and you should always be able to get all the reps. Last set is always where you want to go heavy as ****, you may not get the last 3-5 reps, that's okay, that's why there's next week.

You could do cardio on days you don't lift but it's not necessary yet. Just try and get as strong as possible, so when you do cut down, you cut down to muscle, not skin and bones. Best of luck, PM or reply here if you have any questions.

ALSO, be sure you eat enough. I know as a bigger guy you probably want to shed the pounds as quick as possible, but you will not build as much muscle mass and strength if you're in a caloric deficit the whole time.
Last edited by DeadlyDusk at Feb 17, 2014,
Quote by K'Nuckles
Lift and eat properly. Start on 3 full body workouts a week. Squat, press and the deadlift will be your best friends. I managed to lose 20lb last year in 4-5 weeks doing this, seriously.

So I weigh about 240lbs. I'm pretty tall ( like 6'2")
using your workout, assuming my body acts the same way, I'd be at my ideal weight (well, the weight that I'd want: around 195-200) in like 2-3 months?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by willT08
If you're not gonna eat well there's not much point doing it

I might've been unclear, but I used to eat unhealthy. These days I eat 2 sandwiches for breakfast, 2 for lunch and dinner. that's about it.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
using your workout, assuming my body acts the same way, I'd be at my ideal weight (well, the weight that I'd want: around 195-200) in like 2-3 months?

Actually at around 195-200, you'd probably still have a decent amount of fat on you. It really depends on genetics/where your body stores the fat, nothing you can do about that. Don't really worry about your weight, tbh it's irrelevant unless you're comparing strength/bodyweight, but that's a whole other ball game. Worry about how you look in the mirror.
If you wanna lose weight then you need to use more energy than you take in. simple i know

change your diet, dont change portion size and make sure you eat breakfast. Breakfast and water is a good way to start the day as it gets your metabolism going. have a good lunch too. Really you want breakfast to be the biggest meal, then lunch, then dinner

Its good to do both weights and cardio. maybe warm up on a treadmill, do some lifting, then warm down on a bike or something. It doesnt really matter what you do as long as you're doing something. Once you start losing the weight and build up some strength you can decide if you want to focus on a particular exercise routine

good luck
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by DeadlyDusk

(Invalid img)

First of all, you are a sexy beast. second of all, I've never heard of any of the exercises that you start off with. if you could PM me some details about how to start this, that would be great.

Quote by willT08
Yeah, that's not really eating well either

Really? why not?

Quote by Bladez22
If you wanna lose weight then you need to use more energy than you take in. simple i know

change your diet, dont change portion size and make sure you eat breakfast. Breakfast and water is a good way to start the day as it gets your metabolism going. have a good lunch too. Really you want breakfast to be the biggest meal, then lunch, then dinner

Its good to do both weights and cardio. maybe warm up on a treadmill, do some lifting, then warm down on a bike or something. It doesnt really matter what you do as long as you're doing something. Once you start losing the weight and build up some strength you can decide if you want to focus on a particular exercise routine

good luck

Oh thanks, I can use this
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Feb 17, 2014,
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

Easily. Hang on, let me find you some pictures...

First photo I was 16.2 stone, second one I'm about 14.5, they were taken about 4 weeks apart, first is when I just started working out. Thing is though, the diet is EXTREMELY important, and like Will said, if you can't commit to that then there's no point.
yeah, what knuckles said

but, for the love of god, get someone to show you how to properly do squats, dl etc
because you WILL hurt yourself if you have no idea what you're doing
actually it might not hurt to start out with machines but if you're serious about getting in shape I'd move past them as soon as possible

as far as eating goes: eat healthy (that's a no brainer) but don't eat too little!
most of the time, exchanging the daily bottle of coke against water and skipping the bag of chips at night is a good start and can do wonders. That's not nearly really eating healthy tho.

but you should still hang around in the fitness thread
the majority of guys in there really know there stuff as far as i can tell
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
i've been satisfied with my results from just doing 5-10 minutes of bodyweight exercises for warmup, then running for 20-30 minutes depending on how i feel. started out doing it 3 times a week, now i'm up to 5.

i never worried about bulking up. but i also don't have a stick figure body type.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by K'Nuckles

First photo I was 16.2 stone, second one I'm about 14.5, they were taken about 4 weeks apart, first is when I just started working out. Thing is though, the diet is EXTREMELY important, and like Will said, if you can't commit to that then there's no point.

I can definitly stick to a diet, it's not that hard for me. only I thought what I'm eating now is good (2 slices of bread with peanutbutter in the morning, 2 at lunch and dinner which consists of 1 piece of meat and 2 styles of vegtables)

I do skip the recommended fruit a day though.

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i've been satisfied with my results from just doing 5-10 minutes of bodyweight exercises for warmup, then running for 20-30 minutes depending on how i feel. started out doing it 3 times a week, now i'm up to 5.

i never worried about bulking up. but i also don't have a stick figure body type.

Yeah bulking up isn't my priority. getting less fat would be a big confidence booster for me.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by willT08
Do you eat that literally every day?

That must get mad boring

I love PB bro.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
What I'd recommend as far as dieting goes is high protein every day, fibre with every meal (broccoli is great) to help you digest and carbs on workout days. Some cod liver oil and a multivitamin never hurt anyone either. The way my diet worked when I did that ^ was high protein, high carb, low fat on workout days and high protein, low carb, high fat on rest days. AND DO NOT UNDER EAT YOU WILL GET ILL AND WON'T RECOVER ETC

First photo I was 16.2 stone, second one I'm about 14.5, they were taken about 4 weeks apart, first is when I just started working out. QUOTE]

I'm not sure whether I got this right... in one picture, you're a girl, in the other, you're a man who is also smoking... Did you get the wrong pictures or am I screwing it all up?
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Quote by K'Nuckles
What I'd recommend as far as dieting goes is high protein every day, fibre with every meal (broccoli is great) to help you digest and carbs on workout days. Some cod liver oil and a multivitamin never hurt anyone either. The way my diet worked when I did that ^ was high protein, high carb, low fat on workout days and high protein, low carb, high fat on rest days. AND DO NOT UNDER EAT YOU WILL GET ILL AND WON'T RECOVER ETC

Yeah I realize that not eating enough is very dangerous on your resistances.
So basicly everybody is telling me to at least incorporate some form of weightlifting, a different diet, warm-ups and cooldowns and some cardio.

Quote by MetalRock4ever

I'm not sure whether I got this right... in one picture, you're a girl, in the other, you're a man who is also smoking... Did you get the wrong pictures or am I screwing it all up?

I didn't want to be the one asking this. I gotta say, for a man you'd be a hot woman K'nuckles xD
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by DeadlyDusk
Monday -
Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press, 3x8 (preference, I prefer barbell)
Dips (if too weak yet, assisted dips) 3xF (F being failure)
Skullcrushers 3x8

Wednesday -
Deadlift 3x5
Chinups or Assisted Chinups 3xF
Dumbbell Bent-over Rows 3x8

Friday -
Barbell Military Press 3x8
Seated DB Shoulder Press 3x8
Standing Lateral Raises 3x8

Source: I'm a bodybuilder/strength trainer - took me 8 months from skinnyfat to achieve this, this was taken August of 2013

(Invalid img)

The first 2 sets should be done at a light warm-up weight, and you should always be able to get all the reps. Last set is always where you want to go heavy as ****, you may not get the last 3-5 reps, that's okay, that's why there's next week.

You could do cardio on days you don't lift but it's not necessary yet. Just try and get as strong as possible, so when you do cut down, you cut down to muscle, not skin and bones. Best of luck, PM or reply here if you have any questions.

ALSO, be sure you eat enough. I know as a bigger guy you probably want to shed the pounds as quick as possible, but you will not build as much muscle mass and strength if you're in a caloric deficit the whole time.

Lol, can you also pm me about some of those exercises? Never come across some of them before.

Any tips for getting rid of back fat near the hips (may otherwise be known as love-handles, I'm not too sure...)?
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Yeah I realize that not eating enough is very dangerous on your resistances.
So basicly everybody is telling me to at least incorporate some form of weightlifting, a different diet, warm-ups and cooldowns and some cardio.

I didn't want to be the one asking this. I gotta say, for a man you'd be a hot woman K'nuckles xD

Yeah I've gotten that before, I'm quite used to it.

Instead of cardio, I'd say do some sprints instead of say, jogging or something. It's quicker and more efficient.
Quote by K'Nuckles
First photo I was a fat ****, the second I'm still a fat **** but not so much.

...but the first photo is of a white woman
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

Lol yeah, I didn't know how to approach it without being rude... But it's deffinately different. One is a woman, the other is you... Must be the wrong picture
Last edited by MetalRock4ever at Feb 17, 2014,
You will lose quite a bit of weight when you first start. Within a month you could lose 10 to 20 pounds. Everything after that will be hard to notice but just stick to it
Quote by Ablast
You will lose quite a bit of weight when you first start. Within a month you could lose 10 to 20 pounds. Everything after that will be hard to notice but just stick to it

Yeah, I've heard about this.. because your body adapts or something?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Clean up your diet (eating less isn't eating healthy), do twenty-thirty minutes of cardio, then half an hour-forty five minutes weight training. Give yourself one meal a week to eat whatever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Okay, so I guess I'm going to have to trust you guys when you tell me my eat schedual isn't as it should be.
Can somebody give me pointers on the do's and dont's of breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Quote by K'Nuckles
I guarantee you they're both me.

10/10 would bang

no homo
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Yeah, I've heard about this.. because your body adapts or something?

Something like that, when i first started lifting I went from around 88kg to 82kg i think
I'd keep your feeding window within 8 hours. The way that works best for me is work out in the morning and have my meals at 10am, 2pm and 6pm. If you've eaten enough, then you won't get hungry for the rest of the day. The next day will be a rest day and I'll generally wake up and have a glass of water and only eat 2 meals this day, but same sort of feeding window.

I could be chatting shit though, this is just what works for me.

o n bbe u no u wnt it hmu if u agre xxx
Quote by MetalRock4ever

Any tips for getting rid of back fat near the hips (may otherwise be known as love-handles, I'm not too sure...)?

You can't target specific areas for fat loss. It just comes off wherever your body wants it to come off first. Gaining muscle can help make certain areas look less flabby even if it's the same amount of fat (like the legs) but that isn't really as helpful for love handles. Just gotta lose weight all over and wait for it to come off. Like for me, I only have a flat tummy when I'm at a body fat level where my cheeks are always slightly hollow because fat always lingers around my midsection.
cat
Fat really stores to my belly/moobs/2nd chin/upper legs... so basicly all over the place.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Okay, so I guess I'm going to have to trust you guys when you tell me my eat schedual isn't as it should be.
Can somebody give me pointers on the do's and dont's of breakfast/lunch/dinner?

10/10 would bang

no homo

Breakfast: two eggs, one piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter, and two pieces of turkey bacon
Snack one: cup of Greek yogurt, one banana
Lunch: turkey sandwich, carrot sticks, raisins
Snack two: peanuts
Dinner: one grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and rice
Snack three: Apple slices dipped in peanut butter

Something like that. Basically you need to keep track of the calories you eat per day and not go over your limit. Download the myfitnesspal app.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
OP is gay best friend
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Also some tips that help me lose weight regardless of whatever else I am doing:

-don't drink anything that isn't water
-no snacking (only 4 meals a day: 9 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, 11 pm)
-no desserts that aren't fruit or homemade (I like to cook so when I make desserts I eat a little piece and then I share the rest with everyone else I know and make them get fat hehe)
-LOTS of veggies - they are healthy and make me really full and relatively low caloric content except potatoes and stuff

I had diabetes for about a year and I lost weight while on a strict diabetic diet (and now I don't have diabetes anymore yay) so if you don't mind a bit more restriction you can try that. But you still have to watch your portion sizes.

I eat peanut butter sandwiches every day for lunch but don't use normal peanut butter since it's full of sugar. I use the ones that have a layer of oil floating on top because they don't contain anything other than peanuts. I don't eat plain white bread either. Also a cup of Greek yogurt and Yakult = set.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
You can't target specific areas for fat loss. It just comes off wherever your body wants it to come off first. Gaining muscle can help make certain areas look less flabby even if it's the same amount of fat (like the legs) but that isn't really as helpful for love handles. Just gotta lose weight all over and wait for it to come off. Like for me, I only have a flat tummy when I'm at a body fat level where my cheeks are always slightly hollow because fat always lingers around my midsection.

Thank you very much
Page 1 of 4