Thought I would go looking around at guitars today and where better than pawn shops when I came across an 2007 Ibanez S620EXQM with a broken high E sting all dusty and dirty. They wanted 499.00 for it, I said no way... offered 200.00 and we settled on 250.00 not a bad deal, going to clean her up this evening and put some fresh strings on it and take pics for you guys. This is my 2nd axe this month and 5th axe in all.. I am done for awhile. There is a great review on this guitar and pricing on this site. Oh, it's missing the trem bar... so I'll have to order one of those... I am not up on this trem design either, I've always had Floyd Rose... but she's lvl and the action is sweet.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Last edited by Ikillintel at Feb 17, 2014,
You say you're done for awhile...but you're not done for awhile....trust me lol
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by Ikillintel
I am done for awhile.

HA HA HA HA!!! Famous last words. As a musician, you've been cursed with GAS disease. You'll be buying another before you know it.
I had 2 acoustics, an A/E fretless bass, and 2 electrics for years.

Then I went to a guitar show. A month later, I had added an acoustic and 2 hollowbody electrics. A year later, I added a semihollow and my first solidbody with a tremolo. I was done!

"Was" is the operative word: since October of 2012, I have added 11 guitars to the collection, and I.

Ain't.

Done.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I know, I said it when I bought all this stuff, Dean Dime RzRback V and then the 95 Jackson Kelly XL ( that I just spent an additional $600.00 in upgrades on) Also got a fullstack Carvin MTS 3200 30th anniversary with Digitech 2101 studio processor and footboard from my brother in PA ( still have to go get it, looks new ) and Amplitube 3 Metal full version. All that in addition to a fullstack 5150 EVH block letter with a Digitech 2101 studio processor , a Jackson Warrior WXRT, and a Dean Dave Mustaine Angel of deth 2 . shew.. oh and a 7 piece 90's pearl drum set with dbl pedals. Okay that's everything .Some of this other equipment is in my profile. All this equipment is shared with my 2 sons as well.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I had 2 acoustics, an A/E fretless bass, and 2 electrics for years.

Then I went to a guitar show. A month later, I had added an acoustic and 2 hollowbody electrics. A year later, I added a semihollow and my first solidbody with a tremolo. I was done!

"Was" is the operative word: since October of 2012, I have added 11 guitars to the collection, and I.

Ain't.

Done.

Ha-ha!
My newest addition,
I once bought three guitars in two weeks.
I said I was done and since then i have picked up two more, you're not done.
"These strings will last longer and sound better because I said so."- Dave Mustaine
Quote by KG6_Steven
HA HA HA HA!!! Famous last words. As a musician, you've been cursed with GAS disease. You'll be buying another before you know it.

When you're right, you're right, I am constantly on the look out for deals on equipment... I gotta stop going to pawn shops after coming off a 12 hr night shift.
My newest addition,
In the winter my job is slow, (Computer drafting for construction) it leads to a lot of internet time....that leads to spending a lot of time looking for deals haha. Thats how I ended up with my LP Standard last month. Hahaha, I said I was done then too, and to my credit I haven't bought another guitar yet. Just a rack wireless....hahaha

Just look at my profile and see how many I've gone through. I use my UG profile as sort of a database to keep track haha. And in there I haven't even added some stuff like my block letter 5150 I had or the strat I had haha.
+More

Last edited by RCA1186 at Feb 17, 2014,

So that's her, I am having a problem with the high E string mounting in the trem. I pulled the little block out and saw a few pieces of string down in there.. so I got those out and started back with a new high E string tightened it down at the trem... then began winding it with my string winder, started getting tension and drawing it down and pops right out of the trem ... i repeated this 5 times... i had a complete 10 pack of strings now missing 5 high E's .... damn it! Maybe I need a new screw? or the little black block?
My newest addition,
You might need a new string block. Pull it out and see of it has any grooves in it. The string maybe be setting in one of the grooves and not getting pressure it needs to stay in. Love the guitar by the way.
Quote by Tylander
You might need a new string block. Pull it out and see of it has any grooves in it. The string maybe be setting in one of the grooves and not getting pressure it needs to stay in. Love the guitar by the way.

I didn't need a new one, the string kept going to one side as I would tighten ...instead of staying right in the middle where it needed to be... took it out and filed it just a bit and fixed... she now has all six strings! Thanks man, I really am enjoying this one.
My newest addition,
Oh yeah , I ordered the new pickup bezels and trem bar... the trem bar was missing, the pickup bezels or rings have schmootz on em that will not come off (did ya notice the Q-tips in the first pic?) So I am replacing them. I have searched and searched for replacement parts in-case I need them.. like the string blocks, saddles, can not find them anywhere and Ibanez doesn't even offer the trem anymore, I looked it up on their site in the replacement parts section.... You guys have any sites you go to that I may not know about to get these parts?
My newest addition,
Last edited by Ikillintel at Feb 18, 2014,
Doesn't a floyd rose trem arm retro fit those bridges? That's an Edge Zero bridge, correct?
Quote by Ikillintel
Oh yeah , I ordered the new pickup bezels and trem bar... the trem bar was missing, the pickup bezels or rings have schmootz on em that will not come off (did ya notice the Q-tips in the first pic?) So I am replacing them. I have searched and searched for replacement parts in-case I need them.. like the string blocks, saddles, can not find them anywhere and Ibanez doesn't even offer the trem anymore, I looked it up on their site in the replacement parts section.... You guys have any sites you go to that I may not know about to get these parts?

Never used this site, but maybe you should contact them.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Trem_Parts
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Tylander
Doesn't a floyd rose trem arm retro fit those bridges? That's an Edge Zero bridge, correct?

Edge Zero 2 bar on left same as a Floyd Rose. Edge Zero Bar on the right.

[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Blackfire.
Never used this site, but maybe you should contact them.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Trem_Parts

I already checked him, he is out of stock on everything for that exact trem. The bridge is ZR with ZPS2 which is a ballbearing system.
My newest addition,
Last edited by Ikillintel at Feb 19, 2014,
Have you looked at stewmac? They have a lot of floyd parts that might be interchangeable
+More

Quote by RCA1186
Have you looked at stewmac? They have a lot of floyd parts that might be interchangeable

No, I haven't ,I'll take a look. Thanks for the replies
My newest addition,
New parts from Ibanez

My newest addition,
I walked into guitar center the other day just to look.... Saw the Acoustic GT50H (it's their tube head) for $199.99... Normally $600 and it says that on their website. And yes this amp is new out of the box.