I have little too much high gain noise. How can I get rid of some of it without harming my dynamics? I tried an ISP Decimator and it killed my tone...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Determine the source of the most noise, then minimize it there's no rocket science here, and no one-size-fits-all answer to a noise problem, especially when you don't give us any information about what might be causing it.

Start by checking your cables, pedals, tubes, pickups for microphonics and interference. Remember that often what appears to be the source of noise is actually a pedal or gain stage amplifying noise that originated earlier in the chain. If you can at least determine some of the sources of the noise, we might be able to help more.
My friend used a Rocktron noise gate pedal on the fx loop and that fixed it, didn't affect his tone too badly. Try an MXR noise gate in the front or loop - they have control filter where you can choose high or mids or full range filtering, more options to tailor what you need.
Sorry, from what I know the noise is coming out from the preamp... Classic high gain noise, I don't need to get rid of all of it but I do need to lower it without sacrificing dynamics.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Sorry, from what I know the noise is coming out from the preamp... Classic high gain noise, I don't need to get rid of all of it but I do need to lower it without sacrificing dynamics.

There are 2 approaches - catching it before or after the preamp in the fx loop, so try both.
I personally just try to get away with as little gain as possible, then hit the front end with an OD when I want to do the over the top leads. Cuts out the need for a gate and keeps your tone a bit clearer.

I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
I'm already using an OD with the gain at 2 o'clock. I'll see if I can sacrifice a little bit more gain...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
it was never stated, but i assume you are referring to your royal atlantic???

may not do much for you situation, but you could do a little shielding on the guitar. i haven't played that amp before, but you might be running a lot of gain. on my tremoverb both channels are at less than 10 o''clock with a boost and its nice and heavy. i can't imagine using more really for my amp anyways. without the boost it is dead silent.

but they are different amps are different. even my MKIV has the gain a little bit higher and its silent.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it was never stated, but i assume you are referring to your royal atlantic???

may not do much for you situation, but you could do a little shielding on the guitar. i haven't played that amp before, but you might be running a lot of gain. on my tremoverb both channels are at less than 10 o''clock with a boost and its nice and heavy. i can't imagine using more really for my amp anyways. without the boost it is dead silent.

but they are different amps are different. even my MKIV has the gain a little bit higher and its silent.

Yes, it's my RA. Thank you. Actually is not THAT MUCH gain, just enough to get into Metal and then I use my TS to push it just a little bit more. But I'll try to lower it a little. As soon as I have the opportunity I'd shield my Gibson.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich