Hey guys,

I LOVE fuzz and I'm looking into buying a fuzz face. The only problem being, there are sooooo many and I have no idea which to get. I don't really know the differences between them, but I know I'm going for serious vintage fuzz tones (Clapton, Hendrix, Johnson). I'd be willing to go vintage, but only if you guys can really think it's worth it. I was aiming to spend $200 or less, but I'll go up to $500-$600 if it's REALLY necessary but it'd take a bit of convincing to get that high. Thanks you guys!! I really appreciate it!!

Cody
I think guitarist magazine had a nice demo with fuzz faces in it on youtube.

Anyway, I'd go for some germanium fuzz face.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I just recently got my hand on a Wampler Red Velvet.

So far, my favorite fuzz ever. It gets from the really spongy and soft sounding fuzz to the nasally sounding fizz of something like the muff.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Fuzz factorys are the best thing ever, seriously, they do like everything from weird noises to subtle distortionz
Tanglewood 85 Les Paul <3
Vox V847 <3
Orange Pix Crush
That new Mini Fuzz Face looks really cool, have you seen that?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Badmotorfingers
Roger Mayer Axis/Classic Fuzz

This, if your budget agrees. Otherwise dallas arbiter reissues are relatively inexpensive and sound the best for tones you are going for, IMO. I personally dislike the mini's, purely on aesthetics, but if you plan on putting it on a board then get a mini.