I know it's not in the right section but tomorrow I'm doing my first live show ever. Even tho I'm a guitarist, I'll grab the bass because I'm helping a friend who needed someone to fill the void. I just wanted to share it with you guys from the T&C section because I'm not posting anywhere else on the forum.

Did you guys played live already?
Do you have good stories or advices?
Quote by moses132049
i have 30+ shows under my belt. stage presence is important, especially if you're playing metal. if you're care about what you hear in the monitors you have to tell the sound guy what you want

About stage presence, i've practiced playing my parts in a dark room and moving around a little so I won't stare at my fingerboard all the time.

We're covering a couple of Billy Talent songs for a college contest and the techs did a pretty good job to adjust our monitors to our needs.

What kind of gigs do you play? covers or originals?
So if you guys were curious the show went well. We managed to get the second place, which is decided by the public.
Quote by Craziork
About stage presence, i've practiced playing my parts in a dark room and moving around a little so I won't stare at my fingerboard all the time.

We're covering a couple of Billy Talent songs for a college contest and the techs did a pretty good job to adjust our monitors to our needs.

What kind of gigs do you play? covers or originals?

We played mostly in bars unless a local band would rent out a hall for a local show. It was all originals, Although back when we were new we covered a couple A Day to Remember songs.
my advice, get the crowd involved. if you have a long cable or a wireless, go into the crowd; if you have a moment to take a hand off the guitar, high-five or fist bump a fan, etc.

what really helped me was this: be the musician that YOUD pay to see