Meant to do this 2 weeks ago, but got sidetracked by pchem and pneumonia.

So I saw 'The Last Lecture' and thought about my childhood dreams. One of them was to have a custom guitar--specifically a green one. Well, green comes in many shades, and they were either rare or expensive. I really liked the Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 strat in Sherwood Green Metallic, but that was out of my league. Plus, it's discontinued now. But this one was just right.

Looks: It has the shade of green I want, and was affordable. I bought it on the 'bay and lucked out. It's strung with 9's (I use 10's), so I can't say too much about how it feels just yet. It feels like a typical strat should--and more compact, too. The body has some dings and one white streak near the pickguard, but I think it's cool. Its neck feels like a flatter version of my black Squier strat. The previous owner said it had more of a wide feel, but I don't pick up any width--just flatness.

Sound: The tremolo is horrible; it completely detunes my guitar (why?). It has the twang and quackiness I expect from strats, but not the fullness of an American or Mexican model. And that's okay with me. I'll go through the pickups by position and the songs I'd play on them.

Neck- dark and thick. "100 Years Ago" - Rolling Stones

Neck + Mid - quacky and dark. Not ideal for chords. "Old Flame" - Thin Lizzy

Mid (favorite) - balanced; you hear all the strings. "Time Waits for No One" - Rolling Stones

Bridge + Mid - adds darkness, thickness and extra twang . "She's Fresh" - Kool and the Gang

Bridge - surprisingly not ice-picky! "Love and Happiness" - Al Greene

Overall: I'm glad I bought this guitar. It's a modding platform, so I'm on the first step to accomplishing a childhood dream!
Attachments:
IMG_20140217_212809.jpg
IMG_20140217_212802.jpg
IMG_20140217_212827.jpg
Realizing a childhood dream? Priceless!

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nice Strat!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sexy Strat. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by chookiecookie
sweet man. hngd.

i also love your avatar.

Thanks, chookiecookie! Sam Fisher was always the coolest.