went and got a TS9 distortion pedal... loved the sound byte i found online, so went down to my local shop and it sounded great in the store!!!

I get home, plug her in, and it now sounds like crap.

Quote by JackovSlayer
What amp are you using?

embarrassed to say, but a practice amp. not the fender combo at GC... (It was a Fender Super Sonic 22)

Its a Fender SP-10... my Boss MT2 sounds great on it, but the TS9 is terrible...

Crap always sounds better on the real amps right?
Yeah, the best way is to get a good amp and then get pedals, because with cheap amps you will never get the best out of pedals. I used to use MT-2 on a Marshall practice amp, so you don't have to be embarassed, a lot of us did that.

But there is a lot of difference between MT-2 and TS-9. MT-2 is a standalone distortion pedal, it's made to go into a clean amp, lots of people don't like that pedal, I think it's not that bad but it's not great either. I would call it useable.
TS-9 is a great pedal and everyone agrees on that. But it's an overdrive pedal and people use it to boost already distorted amps.
Quote by fastforded
embarrassed to say, but a practice amp. not the fender combo at GC... (It was a Fender Super Sonic 22)

Its a Fender SP-10... my Boss MT2 sounds great on it, but the TS9 is terrible...

Crap always sounds better on the real amps right?

This is the problem. Pedals will always sound different on different amps (and with different guitars). Online demos are a guideline, but should not be seen as a definitive guide to the result you will achieve with the same pedal.

Trying in store is only totally accurate if you take your own guitar & amp.

However, if you are using a cheap practice amp you would probably be best served by investing in a good amp before purchasing any pedals. With a decent amp, you may find you don't need any pedals to achieve the sound you're after. With a cheap practice amp, you will probably never get the sound you want.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
This is the problem. Pedals will always sound different on different amps (and with different guitars). Online demos are a guideline, but should not be seen as a definitive guide to the result you will achieve with the same pedal.

Trying in store is only totally accurate if you take your own guitar & amp.

However, if you are using a cheap practice amp you would probably be best served by investing in a good amp before purchasing any pedals. With a decent amp, you may find you don't need any pedals to achieve the sound you're after. With a cheap practice amp, you will probably never get the sound you want.

Yep, youre absolutely right. Take my gear for it to be accurate.

I have been thinking about a sweet mesa boogie express plus 525 or 550 combo ..
It requires a small fortune for her though...