So, I listened to this song by Testament, and to me it just sounds like a slightly better Metallica, minus the wah of course. The vocalist sounds a lot like Hetfield and one of the riffs sounds like Enter Sandman. The guitarist is better though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVbTXg8x2EA

edit: I don't even really like Metallica that much, just Kill Em All really.
banned
A Thrash band sounds like another Thrash band? Say it ain't so!
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Wait, so you're telling me Metallica isn't the only thrash metal band out there?
Old music was good ~20 years ago but after a while it should just be forgotten. Ever heard of Djent? That's what most people listen to now. Get with the times!
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Kytokinesis
You're still following testament and metallica? Lol nub

No, I grew out of Metallica before I got into them and I've never heard Testament until now

nub
banned
I saw Testament last November with Killswitch and Slayer. First time I had ever seen Testament and I thought they kicked ass. Not enough good thrash bands around these days IMO.
Although I really love older Metallica, I really prefer older Testament albums like Souls of Black and The New Order over Metallica's Kill 'em All and Ride The Lightning. I think that, even if they are both thrash bands, they had very different ways of doing things. I feel like Testament was a bit more "refined" than Metallica, but that's my opinion. At least Testament had drummers who could play, haha.
Clemente was one of the few drummers that I think most can agree was actually worse than Ulrich.
Testament was one of the few bands that had almost their own sound. And at least they continue to make thrash...
Whatever. I have no idea how people judge stuff like this.

Quote by EvanBrosky
Although I really love older Metallica, I really prefer older Testament albums like Souls of Black and The New Order over Metallica's Kill 'em All and Ride The Lightning. I think that, even if they are both thrash bands, they had very different ways of doing things. I feel like Testament was a bit more "refined" than Metallica, but that's my opinion. At least Testament had drummers who could play, haha.

I feel like Metallica had the more simplistic thrash 16th riffs in Kill Em' All, but Ride the Lightning had a lot of really fantastic riff ideas.
But with Testament, they had more complicated riffs in both The New Order and Souls of Black but they just made them really fast.
Originally Posted by Cheeselord
Sanitarium iz by SLAYER DUMBASS!!!!!

SLAYER FAN4LIFE!
Last edited by fradd at Feb 21, 2014,
I often said that Low was like what Metallica should've done after the Black album.

BUT!

I absolutely love what Metallica did after Black album as well