I have a BOSS ME70 that I want to bring around and perform with, however if I plug it into the aux in of the small speakers (for wireless mics) in the venue, it easily overdrives (not the pleasant type). I can't seem to turn up the ME70 and get clean sounds.

Is there a small portable speaker that has enough headroom? So that it doesn't overdrives the signal? How many watts will I need?
The ME70 is a guitar effects pedal - its supposed to be plugged into the guitar input of a guitar amplifier - so why don't you get one of those and do the job properly?

Suggest you check out Rolland Cube range for small, light and loud.
Last edited by PSimonR at Feb 18, 2014,
You are using the amp modeling on it, right?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I use a 12" powered speaker (harbinger aps12, got mine used for $80) with my g3. The amp models sound better through the powered speaker than through my amp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Something like the Nady PFW-12+ should work for cheap.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by souperman08
You are using the amp modeling on it, right?

yea, using amp modeling

and I do have amps that I can plug ME70 into, the amp sort of alters the sound (i think), whereas a monitor speaker wont (i think)

I tried plugging ME70 into a tube power amp and it sounds even better, but that's irrelevant with my original question

I'm looking for a cheap light-weight speaker that works with ME70's phone out, and wondering if you guys have any suggestions, (so that i don't have to spend USD$10 to buy one for experiment lol)
Last edited by jszy at Feb 19, 2014,
Roland Cube
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by jszy
I'm looking for a cheap light-weight speaker that works with ME70's phone out, and wondering if you guys have any suggestions, (so that i don't have to spend USD$10 to buy one for experiment lol)

I think your problem may be precisely that.

Just use the normal output to connect it to PA systems/speakers -- don't use the headphone out.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Connect to a powered speaker via the amp output (L/mono), not the rec/phones out (stereo). Powered speakers, like the samson auro or mackie, are light and easy to lug around.