It's coming down to the end of the season, but I'm sure there's plenty of snowboarders and skiers here in the pit.

What do you ride? where do you go? pow? groomers? park? etc. general discussion for those of us who appreciate a little bit of snow now and then.

Me, I snowboard. I'm a backcountry and groomers guy, and rarely venture into the park. My board quiver consists of a burton Nug (150cm - its a tiny little popsicle stick), a burton custom flying v (158 cm) and my newest addition/reason for starting this thread, a gigantic 2008 burton custom (167 cm - monster of a thing for deep powder).

go!

Not so much into it anymore, but i used to only ride Burton. And obviously i go to Blue mountain lol.

Really want to get into skiing this winter. Also really want to try snow blades, those little ****ers look awesome.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I ride park, because that's really all there is around here for hills. K2 World Wide Weapon 156cm Wide. I haven't gone so much this season. I'm getting pretty bored with park, honestly. I really want to do some back country, but those kind of trips cost a shit ton of cash I don't have.
Last edited by JustRooster at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by Acϵ♠
Not so much into it anymore, but i used to only ride Burton. And obviously i go to Blue mountain lol.

Really want to get into skiing this winter. Also really want to try snow blades, those little ****ers look awesome.

I've noticed that I don't really go for boards other than burton either. They're very suited to me. I demo'd a Ride Machete and Ride Highlife UL a few weeks ago (at blue, oddly enough haha. my friend has a cottage there, I'm there all the time) and they're just shamelessly aggressive and stiff. The machete was a little more rider friendly, but the highlife was like riding an iron girder. just catching edges all day. If that's the experience you're looking for, might as well go for a Custom X. Faster, and not as savagely stiff.
I used to go to the mountains to snowboard every weekend in highschool but now I just don't have the time or the money.
I kinda stopped snowboarding after i became obsessed with longboarding but watching the olympics made me want to pick it up again. Don't really have the time or money though.
I went skiing once years ago, and ever since I started watching the Olympics I remembered how much I enjoyed it and I really want to go again. Obviously where I live theres pretty much nowhere I can go other than dry slopes, but I'll have to look into going again at some point.
Ski
Local activity centre
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Don't let my location fool you, I started skiing when I was a wee little toddler. Skiing feels as natural as walking to me. Love that shit. I miss it now

I've got family in Canada that I visit frequently, so whenever I go, I get to ski and have fun. Really wish it was snowboarding I picked up, though. Snowboarding is so much cooler. Alas, I didn't have much of a say as a toddler, and my parents strapped skiis on me, so thats that. Still fun.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Used to have a K2 board. I like all mountain boards because I like to hit jumps every now and then but I'm never the type of person to sit in the park all day.

I don't own a board anymore since I now live in Florida.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I used to ski a lot when I was younger. Learned how to as soon as I put them on. I want to get back into it, but i'm not sure where to go in the south west.

I love the speed of it all though. Just flying by everyone else at a good speed while maneuvering around them was the tits. I never got into snowboarding because the only example i'd see was people at the slopes always on their ass. It didnt appeal to me.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
I never got into snowboarding because the only example i'd see was people at the slopes always on their ass.

Yeah that's generally how it goes when you're first learning. You see a lot of that, or the "falling leaf" where people get too scared to turn on their toe edge the first time, and just drift down the hill slowly on their heels. takes at least 3 or 4 trips to get as "comfortable" with snowboarding as you get with skiing in 1 trip. its worth it though. generally snowboards are much faster than skis.
Yeah, i've seen some really cool snowboarders as well, hitting snow ramps n shit, but I would think that was waaaaay too advance for my tastes.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The way I had it told to me was skiing is easier to pick up but harder to get advanced at. Snowboarding on the other hand is hard to pick up but once you get it your skill increases pretty quickly.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yeah lol the first time you go snowboarding you're guaranteed to have a shitty time. Once you get the hang of it it's insanely fun. The difficult is coordinating your feet to do what you want the board to do, because it's a lot more slippery than it looks. You gotta be on an edge almost all the time to have real control--hence carving.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Yeah lol the first time you go snowboarding you're guaranteed to have a shitty time. Once you get the hang of it it's insanely fun. The difficult is coordinating your feet to do what you want the board to do, because it's a lot more slippery than it looks. You gotta be on an edge almost all the time to have real control--hence carving.

the first time I went, my stance was totally wrong. I was riding regular, but then after about an hour of either going head over heels or ending up in the woods, my friend took my bindings off, switched them around and told me to try riding goofy. my ability level increased by 200% immediately. I still spent most of that day on my ass, but I was at least able to link some turns by the end of it. Second time I was a little better, third time I bought my own board so everything was better still. the 4th time, something just "clicked" and I was killing it the whole day. from that point on, after it just "clicks" in your muscle memory, you increase by 100% every time you go out. that's why its so addictive, and the reason snowboarders tend to be so much more passionate about it than skiers. A lot of skiers hit a plateau, but if you're determined enough to get through those first few rough trips on a board, you're pretty hooked for life

the other thing a lot of beginners dont get, as you mentioned, is that if you're not on an edge, you're likely to loose control. when you're riding perfectly straight, unless you have excellent board control, slipping and catching an edge will probably result in one hell of a tumble
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Feb 18, 2014,
First time I went snow boarding, I bruised my ****ing tail bone because I sucked so bad. Then I was stuck at the baby beginner slopes, you know the ones that are sooo baby small that they don't even need a ski lift to take you back to the top? You just kind of grab onto that stupid rope and let it drag your sorry pathetic ass up the baby hill? Yeah. I was stuck on that all day. And to make matters worse? They were blasting Black Eyed Peas on repeat. It was like a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, either. I can dig me some Black Eyed Peas, but not on repeat for hours while I am being humiliated on that silly baby hill. Stupid rope. I hate that rope.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I've noticed that I don't really go for boards other than burton either. They're very suited to me. I demo'd a Ride Machete and Ride Highlife UL a few weeks ago (at blue, oddly enough haha. my friend has a cottage there, I'm there all the time) and they're just shamelessly aggressive and stiff. The machete was a little more rider friendly, but the highlife was like riding an iron girder. just catching edges all day. If that's the experience you're looking for, might as well go for a Custom X. Faster, and not as savagely stiff.

Check out K2. If you like boards with a lot of flex, they've got some great stuff. It's why I switched to the WWW from a Kink. Also, we goofie bros gotta stick together.

I always skateboarded wrong, too. I rode goofy, and I did most of my flips off a nollie. Nollie was always way easier for me, dunno why.

Quote by caeser1156
The way I had it told to me was skiing is easier to pick up but harder to get advanced at. Snowboarding on the other hand is hard to pick up but once you get it your skill increases pretty quickly.

That sounds accurate.
Last edited by JustRooster at Feb 18, 2014,
Love snowboarding, I work at one of the ski resorts in Australia as a lift operator so I get a fair bit of time in each season. I think I'll be getting a dc board for this season.
I want to try snow boarding, I skateboard
Whats goes around must come down
I used to snowboard when I was like 7 or 8. I miss it quite a bit actually
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by JustRooster
Check out K2. If you like boards with a lot of flex, they've got some great stuff. It's why I switched to the WWW from a Kink. Also, we goofie bros gotta stick together.

I always skateboarded wrong, too. I rode goofy, and I did most of my flips off a nollie. Nollie was always way easier for me, dunno why.

I've tried a few K2 boards. I generally like K2's stuff. My boots are K2 something-or-others, and I absolutely love them. Also, I may be the worlds worst skateboarder. I just can't manage it for some reason.

Also: a lot of my friends ride goofy too. Around us, its the regular stance guys who screw up the chairlift for everyone

Quote by yellowfrizbee
First time I went snow boarding, I bruised my ****ing tail bone because I sucked so bad.

I dont know a single snow boarder who doesn't have a chronic tailbone injury sometimes when I'm sitting on a chair thats just a little bit too hard I'll get a mild twinge from the tailbone. your first season snowboarding just ravages your tailbone unless you have the foresight to invest in crash pads. I sadly did not. I always wear them now though.