guitar player
Scalloped Frets are kind of amazing
Fenders are easy to play, and can surprise you
Cleans sound as amazing as Fenders tend to be
Amazingly playable
Cons:
Lower Output pickups which make it a pain to get a high output shred tone
without losing some of the guitar's natural sound
This is a limited guitar, what I mean is it only has 21 frets and pickups are only
suited up to a certain degree of distortion
In addition, unless you have 9's, maybe even 8's, you won't be able to do
the crazy 3 and a half bends without snapping that E
There is a slight (and I mean very slight) performance hindrance, which I
attribute to the scalloped frets, but I can't be sure
The scalloped frets make it effortless to glide along the fretboard, but a
level fretboard gives you more control as your fingers can sink lower,
hindering your speed
When you get to the screaming shred tone you want, lower strings can
start to sound very muddy and unclear
Another thing I might mention is this guitar has allowed me to learn and be
able to play complex malmsteen arpeggio sequences, which I failed
to learn on my other guitars
However, I can now play them faster and cleaner on my ESP than on
my malsmteen siggy now that I have the muscle memory
Closing:
Given the pros and cons mentioned above, I will never be rid of this guitar,
unless I finally manage to get his newer model with his YJM Fury pups
With the limitations, I find myself playing my ESP EC1000 which have EMGs and
all 24 frets, which is suited for several more musical types
This is a terrific guitar, but not the only guitar you should own, unless you only
play malmsteen stuff, otherwise have a decent back, I recommend JP sigs
If I could dream up the perfect guitar, it would be the following:
A John Petrucci Signature model Ernie Ball MAJESTY (I prefer Saphire Blue)
with Scalloped frets which I could toggle between YJM Fury pups and JP
stock pups
OMG, nuff said
Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion of my dream guitar, JP and Malmsteen are very different players, but both are equally my favorite players.
Haters gonna hate

Background about myself:
9 years of guitar playing
Influences heavily by Malmsteen (obviously), JP, Jason Becker, Friedman, Vivaldi,
Paganini, Vinnie Moore, Schuldiner, and Johan Söderberg
Gear:
AxeFx II
EBMM Jp6
Malmsteen Strat
Equator D5s (Amazingly awesome sound quality)
ESP EC-1000 (Black/Gold)
Hybrid Ernie Ball Strings (9, 12, 15, 24, 34, and 48)
Thank you for your input man!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Honestly, for the money, there's probably about 700 guitars i would rather have over a YM.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Its a high-end signature Fender Strat. It will be very good to play and well made.

But like Ace+ implies, there are many other guitars out there that may be a better bargain, depending on your actual needs and preferences.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Acϵ♠
Honestly, for the money, there's probably about 700 guitars i would rather have over a YM.

This. "If you have infinite money, you must OWN one of these overpriced beasts just for the limited functionality it provides"
TL;Dr. Just buy a PRS and also a nice tube amp for the same price.
Quote by shredlegend
It's a malmsteen and everyone should own one as a matter of principle as a guitar player.

No.
fan boy review tough to take seriously. dude not everyone owes it to themselves to own any particular guitar. you miss the point on the low output pups which in itself shows that this guitar may not really be for you beyond fan boy wants. yngwie isn't about crazy high gain shred tone at all. clean note articulation is what he seeks. try it some time
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
how difficult is it so play stricty rhythm (like power chords, bar chords, jazz chords) on a scalloped fretboard?
Quote by flexiblemile
how difficult is it so play stricty rhythm (like power chords, bar chords, jazz chords) on a scalloped fretboard?

same as any other guitar.

if you fret ridiculously hard it will pull notes sharp though.
Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.

I think a number of the JEM models have only the higher frets scalloped which makes a lot of sense to me. Scalloping is neat but for the most part just using jumbo frets gets you most of the way there without getting crazy.

Quote by shredlegend

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion of my dream guitar, JP and Malmsteen are very different players, but both are equally my favorite players.
Haters gonna hate

Yes, haters gonna hate, and detractors gonna bring up a whole bunch of reasonable points about how your review wasn't very good.
1. Why even bother putting that junk in there? What purpose does it serve beyond inventing an imaginary, brainless adversary for you to push over? If you're so defensive about your opinion about this guitar, maybe doing it justice with a better writeup would silence the "haters" more than these empty pop slogans.
2. The readability of the review was poor. The formatting is bad, it's got line breaks all over the place, you don't seem to grasp basic punctuation, and even if we ignore some of the finer points of English grammar this thing is just a chore to follow. It seems like you just typed up a list of random thoughts somewhat relating to this guitar, hit the shift and enter keys at random, and then posted it.
3. The overuse of "amazing" for every aspect you simply enjoyed doesn't help me understand or appreciate the guitar. A good review will often give you an idea of what a guitar sounds and feels like; your review just tells me that you liked parts and didn't like parts.
4. Starting by telling people that they should buy this guitar because "as a matter of principle as a guitar player" you are supposed to have some sort of Malmsteen paraphernalia makes it hard to take the rest of the review seriously. It comes off as absurd fanboy tunnel vision. Not everyone likes what you like. You're preaching to the choir but you assume that everyone's in the choir.
5. There's a lot of missing information here that would be useful (list of features, price) and a lot of pointless information that is not useful (a long list of your favorite guitarists, a description of your dream guitar).

So yeah. Usually I wouldn't be so crude about the shortcomings of a review, but if you try to pretend that your opinion alone might offend people, and that people who disagree are "haters" for no reason other than that it makes it easy for you to dismiss actual input, you might want to make sure that what turns people off is actually a controversy of opinion and not just your shitty writing. That's my review of your review. Haters gonna hate.
Remember, you have to be able to handle de tractors, or else...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Post a video please, I love Malmsteen's tone and would be interested in hearing your version of it.

Plus these things are usually supposed to have videos, I am surprised that wasn't the meat and potatoes of the review of your review.
Every guitar i own i've scalloped the frets starting at 12. It feels so much better and easier to bend.

But scalloping them any lower than the 10th is kind of pointless as now you're just playing over a giant crater.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by flexiblemile

requires a slightly different touch as mentioned. if you have a heavy hand then not for you. does make for interesting string bends and of course pushing down makes for some cool micro bends.
Friend of mine had one of the Malmsteens several years ago (may still, but I haven't seen it recently; he's mostly doing nylon string classical guitar stuff at the moment). Wasn't bad, but as was noted, it's essentially a 21-fret low-output pickup guitar with a scalloped fretboard. There are other guitars with scalloped fretboards, and if you really like it, you can take a Dremel Contour Sander to the one you own and do it up proper.

I'll post a video of this guitar in action soon. Def should have done that when I first wrote this review, thanks for the reminder guys