I've had my heart set on a Peavey JSX 212 but have had no luck finding one in my location. I wanted one because I want to be able to play Metal but I also want something that is well rounded.

I've found a used MESA boogie express 5/50 used for $700CAD a few hours away is that a good deal and how does it compare to the JSX??

Thanks
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
I always thought the Express amps were pretty underwhelming and lifeless, especially for metal. Especially for what they cost.

I'd pass
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Express 5/50 does Classic Rock but not convincing Metal. A Mesa Mini Rect. does Metal great but of course... more $$$.
Yeah, I too played a 5:25 expecting some rectifier's tone, but it's actually a lot more suited for blues and classic rock.
I think I could have bluesed nicely with it, but the bad quality 7 strings I had in my hands expecting to chug damn tight riffages out of that mofo kinda tamed my blues spirit.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I answered in the Quick Questions thread... But I basically said what has been said here.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Ok thank you guys I guess the MESA is out just gonna have to wait to find my JSX
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112