Hey, recently have had this Ibanez come into my possession, im no expert by any means but do know my guitars makes and models reasonably well, and im stuck identifying this, it was sold to me as a Prestige Custom but it doesn't feel standard at all its very smooth and has a rounded cut away and body very much like an Ibanez, S540 in fact I would put money on it being an S Series (fretboard inlays almost identical) , but then it says custom on it and i am unsure if there is an S-series deluxe or custom? it also has some evidence that it was purchased in the USA if that helps

Let me know what you think

The serial number suggests it is a Japanese-made Ibanez, made in May of 2001. The "Custom Made" inlay suggests it might be a non-standard model, but I cannot be sure. If it is a Prestige model, then you have a fine guitar there. Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It is defiantly a s540. For a couple of years there they put those "custom made" necks in ton of the 540s. They were how're ever not custom at all. Great guitars though. I sold one similar on eBay for $500 last year.
F= Fujigen factory ( MIJ )
0 = Yr 90
1 = month Jan
8296 Build that month

Still a very nice guitar!
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Last edited by Ikillintel at Feb 20, 2014,
Hey also the IBZ USA pickups where made by DiMarzio as well. INF are made by Ibanez themselves.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
from Guitar Dater Project

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant, Japan
Production Number: 18296

Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation
Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation was opened in may 1960, they initially started manufacturing violins and quickly switched to classical guitar production. In 1962 electric guitar construction was started. Fujigen has a reputation for excellent quality and craftsmanship so the guitars they produce are highly regarded. They produce guitars via OEM for famous brands such as Ibanez, Epiphone, Yamaha and Fender (the import Special Interest Group nature model), G&L and others.
**** it
My newest addition,
Last edited by Ikillintel at Feb 23, 2014,
How much did you pay for it?

S540s of that era are insanely good guitars.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb