Hey guys. Does anyone know of any materials that explains electronics to someone, like me, with very little experience wiring, or reading schematics? The only electronics stuff I did was in physics class years ago.

I'm wanting to eventually build effects pedals, or other miscellaneous pedals like mutes, line switchers, etc., and one day build an amp. Any advice? Cathbard?

Thanks GG&A.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/

I've built two of his kits and used his designs to build two others from parts... It doesn't help you with the theory behind it, but you learn the practice aspect. You don't really need the theory aspect to build, that's more for designing unique circuits.

Mmolteratx would be a good person to contact, he's been working on a basics of electronics site concept lately. I'm sure he could recommend a few books.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Feb 18, 2014,
^+1
Quote by AWACS
Hey guys. Does anyone know of any materials that explains electronics to someone, like me, with very little experience wiring, or reading schematics? The only electronics stuff I did was in physics class years ago.

I'm wanting to eventually build effects pedals, or other miscellaneous pedals like mutes, line switchers, etc., and one day build an amp. Any advice? Cathbard?

Thanks GG&A.

just buy some kits and start learning to assemble them. there is plenty of electronics info online and quite a few explanations of popular circuits (complete with mods).

start getting comfortable with the easy stuff and branch out in your knowledge while learning. i am a very informal hobbyist in DIY pedal building but i just dove in. bought a DS-1 and started moding it based on information i found on sites, then i bought a few kits. it's getting to the point now where i am trying out different mods and experimenting with my own ideas.

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/TStech/tsxfram.htm

that is one i have read a couple times
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae