Hello everyone, I have a great American Made Vox Wah pedal, that I love. However, these older pedals only come battery operated. Now I believe the Vox wah's are made out of country. Anyway, The only way I can use it is with a battery.

Now I want to run it in a daisy chain on a pedal board. I tried creating my own 9v Adapter from radio shack but that failed. Then I tried using the One Spot Battery Adapter, and that worked however there was very noticeable signal loss, compared to when I use the batteries. It created a noticeable static noise when the wah was on.

Can some one give me advice to run this pedal through a power adapter without the loss I experienced with the One Spot?
My old Crybaby is from 1969 and I ran a 9v adapter cord from the battery terminals to the 9vdc pedal board power. Still working last I checked. Make sure you have the +/- polarity right.
Use the one spot battery adapter but use a standard regulated 9V Boss style unit. Don't daisy-chain it with anything. If you want to run this with a bunch of other pedals you're going to have to get a unit with isolated outputs like the T-Rex Chameleon or the Pedal Power 2+.

I have a Crybaby from the 70s and it doesn't like to be chained with anything else, even the empty plugs on a Pedal Power. Assuming you have the same problem.
Quote by Roc8995
Use the one spot battery adapter but use a standard regulated 9V Boss style unit. Don't daisy-chain it with anything. If you want to run this with a bunch of other pedals you're going to have to get a unit with isolated outputs like the T-Rex Chameleon or the Pedal Power 2+.

I have a Crybaby from the 70s and it doesn't like to be chained with anything else, even the empty plugs on a Pedal Power. Assuming you have the same problem.

When I tested the one spot adapter, the Wah was the only thing plugged in via the 9v battery harness. There was no other pedal on the chain, there was just about 10 other empty plugs. Would the empty plugs on the daisy chain be causing this signal loss?
Probably not. Signal loss seems indicative of some other failure. The static would perhaps be from those other plugs.