So apparently FEMA uses Waffle House as a way to determine the severity of dangerous weather. Waffle House is famous for staying open through even the most severe weather. All stoves inside the restaurant are partially gas powered so if the power goes out they can still be run. They also have a "No Power Menu" with items that can be prepared without the power running.

FEMA has said that if a Waffle House is closed then you know the weather has to be terrible.

The Index has three levels, based on the extent of operations and service at the restaurant following a storm:

Green: the restaurant is serving a full menu, indicating the restaurant has power and damage is limited.

Yellow: the restaurant is serving a limited menu, indicating there may be no power or only power from a generator or food supplies may be low.

Red: the restaurant is closed, indicating severe damage.

In 2011 when an EF5 Tornado hit Joplin, Missouri both Waffle Houses in Joplin were still open. So an EF5 Tornado was only a yellow on the Waffle House Index. That shows just how severe a red Waffle House Rating is.

The Index
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I'm so glad I don't work there anymore. I still have nightmares about that job.

I really miss the food though...
Quote by Dimarzio45
I'm so glad I don't work there anymore. I still have nightmares about that job.

I really miss the food though...

Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
shit restaurant
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
A wafflehouse just opened down the street from me three months ago. It already looks like its been open for years in a place that gets frequent severe storms, or is located in the hood.
waffle house is really good place to eat shitty food at.
Whats goes around must come down
I thought this was going to be something totally different. Like determining a person's quality of life index based on the frequency of eating at Waffle House.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
During our freaky Atlanta snowstorm, I waited out the storm and traffic at a Waffle House. It was great. I had two waffles, hash-browns all the way, a cup of coffee, and a glass of OJ.

I did not regret my decision.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
If you want to buy drugs go to Waffle House.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I heard that if you are reading a book at a Waffle House; people will question "what y'all readin for?".