Page 1 of 2
I live in first year student accomodation and one of my flatmates friends from home spends almost all his time here.

The problem is my flatmates mate is a **** to almost everyone he meets, he's fat, greasy, smells bad, never goes to university (as in I've been to more of the lectures on his course and I don't even go to the same uni as him, I just go with my girlfriend to spend time with her) and he's always bringing round a shit ton of drugs or coming in at 2am singing and shouting at the top of his voice. It's got to the point where he's been here every day for the past week sometimes two or three times. I feel like I can't even go in my own kitchen cause he's in there. He uses all my utensils and leaves them filthy which I then have to clean up which has resulted in my basically having to strip the kitchen of everything I own cause I'm so fed up of cleaning it all up. He's already had two warnings from his accommodation, which is down the road, telling him he needs to change his behaviour and his flatmates all hate him and pretty much everyone I know that knows him hates him too.

My main issue is with the significant amount of drugs coming through. Unfortunately most of the mare legal highs so there's little I can do about it. He has weed on him all the time but it's not enough to get him in trouble with the police.

He's my flatmate best friend and they've known each other for 8 years or something so I can't turn around and say he can't come round anymore and tbh it's shared accomodation and that'd be a dick thing to do. My flatmate won't even have a word with him and even if he did the other guy wouldn't listen anyway.

I'm so tired of being woken up at 2/3am and then going in the kitchen in the morning to find packets of white powder and empty ballons everywhere and all my utensils used.

For example, today I had some stuff drying in the bathroom on the radiator in my flat and it was almost dry. When he came out of the toilet I went in to check if it was ok (cause I know what he's like) and it was absolutely soaked through. He'd clearly put it in the sink, drenched it and then put it bag on the radiator (he rushed cause it was all wonky too)

How the **** do I get rid of this guy?
I can't stand another three months of this shit, it's making me not want to live in this flat anymore cause it's such an issue to me.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Grass him up
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

move somewhere else

its not like you're too poor to do so
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by digman50
How the **** do I get rid of this guy?
I can't stand another three months of this shit, it's making me not want to live in this flat anymore cause it's such an issue to me.

Make him try to read all this shit.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Move out. People like that won't change just because someone nags at them, at best he will act more respectful for a few days, then just revert back to his old self.

I had a housemate like that and when our tenancy was up, we lived in different places with different people, and we started getting along a lot better at that point, but his house was still a mess.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
you could always spike his drugs with something stronger and cause him to overdose

he wont be a problem after that if you do it right
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Trowzaa
Grass him up

I'm literally going to have to wait for him to be doing drugs in my flat and get security to walk in, the problem is all the stuff he's doing is legal (except weed) and he doesn't live in this accommodation so they can't do much about it

Quote by TunerAddict
move somewhere else

its not like you're too poor to do so

I'm using my student loan and not relying on my parents and I've just paid £2k worth of rent up until April so I'm not just going to up and leave. Anyway, why should I? It's not me that's a walking, talking cuntbag

Quote by digman50

I'm using my student loan and not relying on my parents and I've just paid £2k worth of rent up until April so I'm not just going to up and leave. Anyway, why should I? It's not me that's a walking, talking cuntbag

Your post made sense until the last sentence.

"I'm not the problem so I shouldn't move"

Getting the police involved is a shit thing to do to a roommate, especially one that's a friend of a friend. Grab your sack and tell him he's being a doosh.

Edit: Oh shit, he doesn't live there? In that case, I ok you getting authorities involved. You said he was your flatmate so I assumed he lived there
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Feb 18, 2014,
seriously, call uni security, tell them you dont want him in the house.

if he doesnt live there, he has NO RIGHT to be there, even if he is mates with your flatmate. if your flatmate doesnt understand or takes his side hes a dick and not worth being friends with
The thing is my flat-mate isn't really a friend either really cause he's always pulling dick moves along similar lines (doing drugs, using all my shit etc) but he's not quite on the same scale and he lives here so it's not as much of an issue.

I called the guy (my flat-mate's friend) on being a douche a while back and he basically just told me to deal with it and that it's not his problem and that I don't own the flat so I could go **** myself.

Last edited by digman50 at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by digman50
The thing is the guy that's my room-mate isn't my friend either really cause he's always pulling dick moves along similar lines (doing drugs, using all my shit etc) but he's not quite on the same scale and he lives here so it's not as much of an issue.

I called the guy on being a douche a while back and he basically just told me to deal with it and that it's not his problem and that I don't own the flat so I could go **** myself.

Alright yeah call da authorities.
Stop being a bellend

Surprised you can't #hackit to be honest. It's your first year as well, you should getting off your ****ing nut with him at every opportunity. God knows you've got no work to do
Quote by digman50

I called the guy (my flat-mate's friend) on being a douche a while back and he basically just told me to deal with it and that it's not his problem and that I don't own the flat so I could go **** myself.

fukn told you
Quote by willT08
Stop being a bellend

Surprised you can't #hackit to be honest. It's your first year as well, you should getting off your ****ing nut with him at every opportunity. God knows you've got no work to do

The only reason I've not got into a fight and not said to him to get the **** out of my flat is because I don't want to put myself in the wrong at any point, cause he's the sort of dick that will be a massive **** to everyone and then the second anyone does something back he'll go running off to the office in my accommodation and say that I verbally abused him or something stupid.

Quote by willT08
Stop being a bellend

so people actually want to make the most of their education, or dont actually want to do drugs, so **** off if you've got nothing positive to add

threadstarter : go and see uni security and the resident tutor. sounds like they are both cunts and its not worth putting up with it for the sake of "being a nice guy"....they dont give a crap about you, so why the **** should you put up with them just to not offend anyone
Yeah sure mate

Dude's in there using all your shit getting coked up on your sofa, telling you where to ****ing stick it when you try and chat back and you're telling me you still think you've got the #minerals to get #nawty with him?

He's got you by the ****ing balls mate

EDIT: ^^^ Oh sorry mate. Didn't realize a lad having a good time was affecting his grades (which count for nothing this year, most likely) and he was forcefeeding diggy crack
Last edited by willT08 at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by willT08
Yeah sure mate

Dude's in there using all your shit getting coked up on your sofa, telling you where to ****ing stick it when you try and chat back and you're telling me you still think you've got the #minerals to get #nawty with him?

EDIT: ^^^ Oh sorry mate. Didn't realize a lad having a good time was affecting his grades (which count for nothing this year, most likely) and he was forcefeeding diggy crack

theres a difference between being a flaming c*nt to everyone else you live with, and having a good time without grinding on other people.

the only permenant solution is to live by yourself, cos flatmates are going to piss you off with their shit until you can afford your own place.

till then , either get the uni to deal with it, or trash all his shit as bad as he does to yours
Quote by digman50
The only reason I've not got into a fight and not said to him to get the **** out of my flat is because I don't want to put myself in the wrong at any point, cause he's the sort of dick that will be a massive **** to everyone and then the second anyone does something back he'll go running off to the office in my accommodation and say that I verbally abused him or something stupid.

So, get the resident adviser (or whatever the English university equivalent is) involved. There is no reason that some fat asshole should be fucking with you and your stuff just because he is buddies with your flatmate. If he can't act like a decent person, why should he be in your flat? Get him banned by the resident adviser.
Quote by willT08
Yeah sure mate

I can't tell if you are trolling or are just being a general shitbag, just like this guy.

TS, I know what you are feeling. On no way as big of a scale but I had some irritating housemates while at uni. First question though, is it halls or a house? If its a house, is it run by the university or an external landlord?

If its halls, the first thing I would do is not go to the police, but to the halls rep/supervisor or just the front desk and ask who to speak to. Explain the problems you are having. As he is not a resident, he effectively has no rights in the building, whether or not if he is with your flatmate. One of my friends asked to move flats due to issues with flatmates and they managed to so you might be able to do the same.

First year might not account to much (although we have no idea what you're doing so it could do) but first year is the best year of uni and this **** is clearly upsetting you and ruining your experience and you have the right to speak up.

If its a house, all of the above but speaking to the landlord instead.

Even if its just a phone call to security to chuck him out would be something then they would know what he looks like.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
If they're both dicks, I'm not seeing why my suggestion to move out is such a bad one.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

He's not gonna do anything anyway. If he was he would've twatted him by now but he don't have the #minerals. Calling the Uni to come take the big meanie out of your flat would be hilarious haha
Move out. If you're in student housing you should be able to arrange it with the school to switch you into a different room. If not and you signed a contract, well serves you right for agreeing to live with an asshole and his asshole friend.

Actually if you're not in campus housing you wouldn't get in trouble with the school for anything you do, so theres no reason not to whack the guy over the head with a frying pan or something the next time he pisses you off.

Better yet, refuse to wear clothes any time you're in the apartment. Then maybe they won't come around so much.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Move out. If you're in student housing you should be able to arrange it with the school to switch you into a different room. If not and you signed a contract, well serves you right for agreeing to live with an asshole and his asshole friend.

You don't get to pick who you live with in halls
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Actually if you're not in campus housing you wouldn't get in trouble with the school for anything you do, so theres no reason not to whack the guy over the head with a frying pan or something the next time he pisses you off.

Better yet, refuse to wear clothes any time you're in the apartment. Then maybe they won't come around so much.

Great idea.

Become a nudist, Digman. Mommy and Daddy would be proud.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Will, that sucks. We Americans may pay out the ass for our schooling, but at least we get to pick our roommates and can get the school to switch our room at pretty much any time.

And seriously, would you hang around a dudes place if he never wore clothes?
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar

I agree with will on that one. If its anything like my uni accomodation was, you don't choose who you live with. You find out on the day of move in who you will be sharing with for the rest of the year. The only options we had were standard flats or "quiet" for people who weren't the loud partying type.

They do have the ability to move you if you want it though.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by leony03
The only options we had were standard flats or "quiet" for people who weren't the loud partying type.

ffs
Quote by willT08
ffs

My friend doing architecture got one of those quiet flats and to be fair, we still had a fair amount of parties and made a lot of noise. Just not into the late hours of the morning.

Quote by angusfan16
Walk into the cunt's gaff while you're off your dome with a shitload of meth and just ****in wreck everything he has and rape anyone who stands in your way with your ****ing iron wrecking ball testicles while you chop off his dick with a slice of mozzarella and stuck it up his hole while singing decade old europop songs.
So he's not paying rent?

He has no reason to be there, you should just straight up tell him to bugger off and if he doesn't get the relevant authorities involved. It should be pretty straight forward.

You should probably tell you friend that you don't want him around, too.
Page 1 of 2