Poll: Multiple choice: Your instrument(s)?
Poll Options
View poll results: Multiple choice: Your instrument(s)?
Vocals
10 29%
Guitar
28 82%
Bass
6 18%
Drums
6 18%
Keyboard
4 12%
Other (leave it in your post)
8 24%
Voters: 34.
Page 1 of 2
In this thread, we'll decide some things.

First.
Should we make:
-A group here on UG
-A band profile (also here)
-A group on Facebook
-Other (leave it in your post)

Second.

What should we name it? (Leave it in your post)

Third.

Starting to make the song itself.

To make it easier you can copy this part:

1-Intro
2-Verse
3-Chorus
4-Verse
5-Bridge
6-Chorus
7-Outro

1-Slow start, crescendo, (drums only, then bass enters, then guitar), at the end of the intro the tempo is around 130bpm

2-Same drums, add occasional electronic beats, bass and guitars play something different than the intro part, add vocals (Hetfield/Mustain type).

3-Guitars step aside a bit (still playing something) for more electronic stuff (keyboards, other effects, etc...), beat changes (drums are slower, electronic beats are twice as fast as the drums)

4-Same as 2.

5-Starts with slower bpm, only drums bass and vocals, deep and slow vocals, the bpm slowly raises to match the next part.

6-Same as 3.

7-Ends abruptly.

The next person changes this, but only 30% of it. So... 7 parts (intro, verses...) and 7 "dynamic guidelines", 30% of 14 = 4.2 or 4.

The person that comes next can only make 4 changes, example: changes/adds 4 song parts, changes/adds to 4 "dynamic guidelines", or changes/adds 4 things, independent of being song parts or dynamics.

In the end, we decide if we want that song structure and dynamics or not. If the majority agrees, we do it like that, if not we revisit and change some parts of it.

--------------
Note:
-The poll is just to know what we have available, not a deciding factor in whether you participate in the drums or vocals sections, for example.

-You can still join! Leave a comment.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by mini
First.
Should we make:
-A group here on UG
-A band profile (also here)
-A group on Facebook
-Other (leave it in your post)

Second.

What should we name it? (Leave it in your post)

Third.

Starting to make the song itself.

To make it easier you can copy this part:

1. group or band profile
2. no idea
3. guitar
1-Slow start, soft and heavy with effects guitar a bass riff. Ends abruptly.

2- Loud guitar chord progression

3-other instruments join in

4-softer verse (clean, smooth vocals)

5-harder chorus (grungier/louder vocals)

6-softer verse

7-harder chorus

8-strange surprising interlude (softer, different from the theme of song)

9-guitar solo

10-crazy outro with billions of guitar/bass/drum/keyboard/vocal/other parts
Where did this 30% rule come from?

Surely if it's a groupthink thing we should all get a group on facebook and just talk it out
The 30% thing is just to make sure no one scraps what was before and do stuff on their own, that would suck. (In the end we can revisit it if the majority doesn't like it).

ehbacon, you just need to copy that part on the OP and change/add stuff that way, because the first part is the song sections and each number corresponds to what happens in each part (and I think you made more than 4 changes :P )
Quote by K'Nuckles
Make Facebook so you can partake in all our facey, booky conversations.

no, if I make a facebook people I know will find me. People my age are really annoying on facebook.

Edit: but they're really small changes if that helps ^
Last edited by ehbacon at Feb 18, 2014,
You need atleast 1 dude doing air guitar and thats me.
Whats goes around must come down
OP or someone should make a click track and possibly chord progression of the whole arrangement and just pass it around.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
@ehbacon

Nah, sorry man we need to be really organized if we want this to work

Just copy this and change/add stuff (If you add another part that wasn't there before, like a solo part for example, you obviously also add what happens during that part, so that only counts as one change):

-----------------------------------------------------------
Song parts (add/remove):

1-Intro
2-Verse
3-Chorus
4-Verse
5-Bridge
6-Chorus
7-Outro

How is that part played, what happens? (add/change/remove):

1-Slow start, crescendo, (drums only, then bass enters, then guitar), at the end of the intro the tempo is around 130bpm

2-Same drums, add occasional electronic beats, bass and guitars play something different than the intro part, add vocals (Hetfield/Mustain type).

3-Guitars step aside a bit (still playing something) for more electronic stuff (keyboards, other effects, etc...), beat changes (drums are slower, electronic beats are twice as fast as the drums)

4-Same as 2.

5-Starts with slower bpm, only drums bass and vocals, deep and slow vocals, the bpm slowly raises to match the next part.

6-Same as 3.

7-Ends abruptly.

-------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by willT08

Surely if it's a groupthink thing we should all get a group on facebook and just talk it out

TinyChat is also an option.

just fyi
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Facebook group and/or Skype lobby. We have a Skype for T and C, usually has a fair bit of traffic.

Name: 'Tonight, we binge on ego'

Song layout:

Actually holding off on this until someone does one, cuz I've got 15 sections and shit (went balls to the wall and re-imagined everything, which is bad so I'll wait to see what direction it goes in first).

Edit: I do guitar, bass, drum programming, synth programming.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at Feb 18, 2014,
Sorry guys, it seems you don't like the "30%" thing, but I did it to make this as organized as possible. Imagine if everyone posted their own ideas, with no unanimous structure as a guide.

ehbacon (and everyone else), I want you guys to post your ideas, but they won't be of any use if I can't organize them with everyone else's ideas. Please copy the thing below and change 4 things at most, without changing anything else.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Song parts (add/remove):

1-Intro
2-Verse
3-Chorus
4-Verse
5-Bridge
6-Chorus
7-Outro

4-Same as 2.

6-Same as 3.

7-Ends abruptly.

-------------------------------------------------------
Quote by willT08

I agree with this, we should probably discuss it and then create a basic structure, and after that we can start adding more specific changes with that 30% rule

edit: fb group will be the easiest form of communication/organization
Last edited by nico_9550 at Feb 18, 2014,
1-Intro
2-Verse
3-Chorus
4-Verse
5-Bridge
6-Chorus
7-Outro

1-Slow start, soft guitar and bass with loads of effects. Ends with a pause.

2-other instruments come in: distorted guitar, drums, bass, vocals, keyboard.

4-Same as 2.

5-reverb heavy guitar, adds more instruments as it goes on and crescendos

6-Same as 3.

7-Ends abruptly.
Last edited by ehbacon at Feb 18, 2014,
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Changes highlighted.

1 - Intro
2 - Bridge A
3 - Verse
4 - Chorus
5 - Verse
6 - Bridge B
7 - Chorus
8 - Bridge A
9 - Outro

1 - Slow start, soft guitar and bass with loads of effects. Ends with a pause.

2 - [open for discussion]

3 - Other instruments come in: distorted guitar, drums, bass, vocals, keyboard. Two "parts", with possibly different progressions and instrument dynamics, while still feeling like just one section (i.e. flowing smoothly from one to the other in terms of melodies and stuff).

4 - Guitars step aside a bit (still playing something) for more electronic stuff (keyboards, other effects, etc...), beat changes (drums are slower, electronic beats are twice as fast as the drums)

5 - Same as 3 but with a "fuller" sound, for instance: a couple more rhythm guitar tracks, fills on various instruments, backing vocals, some ambient/background electronica (not necessarily all of the above).

6 - reverb heavy guitar, adds more instruments as it goes on and crescendos

7 - Same as 4.

8 - [variant of 2; open for discussion]

9 - Ends abruptly.
We'll see about that later I guess. I've got a feeling the song will be quite bipolar. Or tripolar. Or even more polar. I don't even know what I'm saying.
Page 1 of 2