Ok so this guy is trying to sell a crate bv 120 watt for 250 dollars. He says its in mint condition but i think he has played on it. He said he put new groove tubes in and it still has the foot switch. Is 250 a fair price?? Any Experiences that you have had with a BV120?? I can post pics if needed. Thanks for the Advice in advance.
I recall seeing them a tad bit cheaper, but I haven't checked prices on them in a bit. Decent metal amp for the money.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
A long time ago I bought one with a matching 412 for 300 in mint shape. It was LOUD and sounded pretty decent. Built like a tank.
If you run the right tubes in them and do the right things to them they are a mighty amp.

This is the thread for you.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1534810
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by johntomg93
Ok so this guy is trying to sell a crate bv 120 watt for 250 dollars. He says its in mint condition but i think he has played on it. He said he put new groove tubes in and it still has the foot switch. Is 250 a fair price?? Any Experiences that you have had with a BV120?? I can post pics if needed. Thanks for the Advice in advance.

$250 is the top of the price they normally go for. Personally I wouldn't want to pay over $200 for one.

What color is it? Blue or black tolex?

If it's missing the emblem on the front or the rear cover that holds the mirror it is not mint.

Most important question- what do plan on doing with it? What do you plan on playing or like to play?

My biggest gripe with the amp is the fact it bright sounding on the distortion channel. You have to keep the presence down or it can get to harsh. It has plenty of gain, volume. Cleans aren't half bad and it has adjustable reverb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I don't know what they sell for these days, but 250 for amp in good condition isn't bad. I would try retubing it with JJs or Mullards to tame the highs.

My only experience with them was a few years back. It sounded like a Crate lol. There was something wrong with the volume, and I wondered if it affected the tone as well.
There is some dummy trying to sell one on my local craigslist for $2300 with matching cab.

I was offered two of these in trade for my LTD Viper 401 that I was selling for 300. I didn't take either. One of the guys was selling his for $150 on craiglist.

Offer him 150-200 on it. That seems like the going rate for the Blue DooDoo