Hey everyone! My first time on here and I have a question.

Let me introduce myself, I am Harry, please to meet you.

My question is, I'm going to start playing guitar very soon and I'm looking for a starter guitar. I've narrowed my selections down to the Takamine g320 and Fender CD-60.

Both look like nice guitars but from experience which would you say is better or rather pro's and cons?

Also which would you go for?

Any answers much appreciated!
Last edited by HikaruHaru at Feb 19, 2014,
i wouldn't go for either. i'd either go for the yamaha FG700, which has a solid top or if i was stuck on a serious budget and had to go all laminate, i'd get a yamaha F335. if i absolutely had to choose from your the two on your list, i'd go for the tak.

may i ask how you narrowed your selections to those particular guitars?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
The store that is available to me and cheapest guitars, sorry let me edit the fender. It's the fender CD-60 not 100
have you asked someone at the store to play each of the guitars so you can hear them and decide which one sounds best to you? hopefully the sales person will do that for you. otherwise get the tak.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I wanted to buy the Yamaha FG700s but I'd cost a ton load to ship it in and I have to pay import charges as well, I'm in the UK and have to buy from eBay USA. Also there may be other hidden handling charges as well... guitar itself comes up to £120 on eBay exc the rest then about £187 including postage and import charges, would you say it's worth it over the takamine g320 or Fender?
Both the guitars you are looking at are not very good and when you get one of them they will need to be setup to make them play at there best. You will be much better to buy used off e/bay or a local shop and then getting the guitar setup by a pro. A used Cort of e/bay will be a lot better than what you are looking at,,,Paul UK.
DV24 are selling the matt-finish FG700MS for £173 delievered. Brand new.

Then take it to a local guitar shop for a setup (unless you're happy with it out of the box of course) and strings, and you will have a guitar that will keep you playing and happy for a good few years.

Even if you trade up in the future and cheapo first guitar like that is invaluable for messing around in open G or playing at parties etc.

Alternatively a used Epiphone Masterbilt (I've got a DR-500MCE but I'm not selling!), but they are as rare as rocking hore poo.

But either way, whatever you get I would put aside £70-£100 for a setup (unless you know someone who will do it for you for free or a pint). An acoustic that has too high an action will be a bugger to play and may put you off. Give yourself a fighting chance.
Last edited by deano_l at Feb 20, 2014,

But either way, whatever you get I would put aside £70-£100 for a setup (unless you know someone who will do it for you for free or a pint).

YOWSA, I just got my guitar set up including strings for £30.00. £70-100 - someone is taking you for a ride.