Hey guys, I need some help.

First off, every now and then, I play throughLast Goodbye by Jeff Buckley and I'm kind of at a loss as to what do do when the violin part comes in, at 2:27 after "I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye"

I always just wing it improvising.

What I want to know is, if I want to write or just imnprovise a solo, which scale would I use?

I'm not entirely sure on the chord there.

I have the same question in regards to Angie by the Rolling Stones. What scale?

Lastly, for the future, how do I figure out which scales to use where, and how to transition between them, so from now on, I don't have to just wing it without a clue as to what I'm doing?

I know next to nothing about soloing, and I'd like to get this major flaw out of the way.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Can nobody help?

I would really like to know how to improvise, to know where on the fretboard to do it..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
You have to figure out what key you're in. Then you have to know scale patterns to use -- most people start out with the major and minor pentatonic scales. You should also know the major scale and the minor scales. Then you can move on to modes.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ok thanks.

So I need lessons on: How to know which key a song is in,and what scales to use in whick keys.

Any help on this?