Page 1 of 2
Questions in the title lads

I personally am all about sound. Making it musical is mostly something lame people do with boring sounds because all they care about is stupid stuff like harmony and structure and stuff.

So like, why do you think those things are more important than sound if you do?
Sound, or as people who know what they're talking about say: timbre.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Sound, or as people who know what they're talking about say: timbre.

It's called sound.
i knew it was you!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'd say sound because if your a band and you just make "music" to make it without giving a fack about the sound then you might as well quit.
Whats goes around must come down
Shitty question.

Try it differently. Say you are allowed to write a piece of music using X number of instruments, but in a classic setup specific to a certain genre. You can write the piece normally.

Your second option is you get X (the same amount as first example) number of instruments, and you can choose whatever instruments you want. The catch is they all can only play one note. The note may/not be different for each instrument.

Which would you rather use to write a piece of music?
What on earth are you talking about? Timbre is an aspect of music. Sometimes it's the most important aspect, sometimes it's not, but it's never the only aspect. They're not mutually exclusive things.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
What on earth are you talking about? Timbre is an aspect of music. Sometimes it's the most important aspect, sometimes it's not, but it's never the only aspect

Yes it is
Quote by seanlang01
Shitty question.

Try it differently. Say you are allowed to write a piece of music using X number of instruments, but in a classic setup specific to a certain genre. You can write the piece normally.

Your second option is you get X (the same amount as first example) number of instruments, and you can choose whatever instruments you want. The catch is they all can only play one note. The note may/not be different for each instrument.

Which would you rather use to write a piece of music?

Now this is a shitty question

My choice would be to be given a microphone. Because all that matters is sound.
You can do stuff with sounds and make music.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by willT08
Now this is a shitty question

My choice would be to be given a microphone. Because all that matters is sound.
Then I guess that would make you dumb, and that's why you're not successful. But yeah, your own personal definitions of words makes for a great thread.
Quote by willT08
Yes it is

I feel like I"m getting roped into a troll, but whatevs.

As soon as you put your sound in time it's about something else. If you make a decision about how long a sound is going to last or whether or not it's going to be simultaneously heard with other sounds or what sound is going to follow after the current sound, you're making a decision that doesn't relate to sound. You're making a decision that relates to time. That could mean form or harmony or something else, but whatever it is you've made the piece about something in addition to timbre.

Unless your sounds exist in a timeless vacuum where human perception of time ceases to exist there are other aspects to music.
Quote by seanlang01
Then I guess that would make you dumb, and that's why you're not successful.

You wish, darling.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Time

Time is merely a limitation of our bodies and world. You don't say "Well when you play it out of speakers, whatever you've made becomes about air moving."
both are dumb

I would rather listen to my tinnitus

:/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
both are dumb

I would rather listen to my tinnitus

:/

What note does your tinnitus ring???

#Psuedoperfectpitch
Quote by macashmack
What note does your tinnitus ring???

#Psuedoperfectpitch

It's more of a static-y buzz
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
It's more of a static-y buzz

Like old TV's on that black and white screen thing?
Im taking Will's side. sound all the way. without sound. there'd be **** all to listen to.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by macashmack
Like old TV's on that black and white screen thing?

YEA!
___

Quote by The_Blode
I just bang rocks together in an infrequent pattern. What's that count as?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I was devastated to get tinnitus in my right ear after a GNR concert, with a crew that had no idea what a safe volume for a band is.

I only went because my friends wanted to. What a shitty band to waste my hearing on.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
i think i get what youre saying. for example, achieving the massive sound of dopesmoker or making a structured song with nice melodies and harmonies.

then again ive been day drinking, in the case i explained i go for sound..like 60% of the time
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by willT08
Time is merely a limitation of our bodies and world. You don't say "Well when you play it out of speakers, whatever you've made becomes about air moving."

Top quality philosophy, bro.

We all know it's actually about the Lord who gave us the Gift of hearing, that we might know the True Beauty all around us. Sound<The Love of Jesus, Who gave His life for you and me.

But seriously your threads are hilarious, cheers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Top quality philosophy, bro.

It's not philosophy. That's just true lol

Sad that your brain is on a level that equates me to a philosopher but that's what RIM will do to ya
Quote by willT08
It's not philosophy. That's just true lol

Sad that your brain is on a level that equates me to a philosopher but that's what RIM will do to ya

Wiktionary on philosophy: "An academic discipline that seeks truth through reasoning rather than empiricism."

Checkmate lol will you be my gf now I'm so lonely
Quote by willT08
Yeah but mine was empiric. It was science

BANG

Show me your scientific method, bro. Wanna make an experiment of it? Reproduce and replicate your results?

will u b my gf if i get into edm?
Page 1 of 2