So I've got Thomann vouchers that expire by the end of the month, and I've been looking at things to spend them on. What caught my eye recently was the Yamaha THR5, since I have no small amp for when I go to college (my Line 6 DT25'll have to stay at home since it's quite big and heavy, and my Vox VT15 needs a tube change) However, I looked again tonight and it seems that Vox have a new mini-amp out: the Soundbox Mini. Seems like it was announced in NAMM just there recently. Anyway, it isn't scheduled to come out by March, so I'd be left waiting for a while since I'd have to order as soon as possible. Not only that, it has only one demo on YouTube, and it isn't in English.

If I'm getting one, my budget would have to be around €200 or less. I've also looked at the Orange Micro Terror (and its corresponding cabinet), but it seems to lack features. Any portable amp with a headphone out port would be great. Any ideas? Think the Vox would be worth the wait, or should I get something else?
Roland Micro Cube is a slam dunk. Just buy one and enjoy.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Roland Micro Cube is a slam dunk. Just buy one and enjoy.

Cheers for the suggestion. I owned a Cube 15x once, but I sold it due to lack of options. I see it hasn't got the traditional bass/middle/treble knobs, that wouldn't make a difference no? The Mustang Mini seems to be a cheaper alternative to it underneath it all.

Edit: Did you meant the GX or the RX? The RX is higher than my budget.
Last edited by DeanoM50810 at Feb 19, 2014,
I like the original one. I see them used all the time for $60 A very handy little tool that is surprisingly musical. I loaned mine to a friend and he thinks he owns it now...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
I like the original one. I see them used all the time for $60 A very handy little tool that is surprisingly musical. I loaned mine to a friend and he thinks he owns it now...

Hate when people do that...

Anyway, that sounds like a great deal used, but I need to use up my vouchers. Right now I have to say I'm leaning towards the Fender Mustang Mini due to its value for money, but still, cheers for the input